Ch. 156/157 - Seducing Iron

█████████████

Seducing Iron (1)

█████████████

The incident in the capital that shocked the entire Empire finally officially ended with the closing of the victory ceremony.

The festival for a new beginning had started. However, instead of a festival filled with cheers, it became a festival filled with worries and trepidations after shocking news spread once again.

The officials couldn’t enjoy the festival, an event that they hadn’t held in a long time, as they fell into the vicious cycle of overtime.

“Ah! I haven’t even taken a bit of rest!”

One of the officials’ heads drooped down, which made the dark circles under his eyes reach his chin. The festival was like rain during drought but they were actually being overworked to the point of death instead of enjoying it.

While the Central officials were in a desperate situation, the Southern and Western officers that had been dispatched to the Center were also feeling like they were going to die. All of the Southern officers enjoyed the festival and drank lightly. However, their fun was immediately stopped by the sudden news as they ran towards the communication room.

“Did the Southern Allied Army really lose?”

The Southern Commander rushed to ask the intelligence officer and the communications officer the moment he heard the news.

“That’s right, sir. They are requesting the Empire’s Southern Army for help.”

The communications officer immediately relayed the information that they had received from the South after seeing the hurried look on the Southern Commander’s face. The information relayed the shocking news of the collapse of the Southern Allied Army. There was even additional news  about the collapse of the kingdoms that maintained the front.

“Then… the South is done for.”

The communications officer tilted his head at the words of the Southern Commander. He looked like it was not the case at all.

“They’re still maintaining their frontlines?”

“…How?”

The communications officer spoke tremblingly when the Southern Commander looked at him with his high momentum. The Southern Commander couldn’t understand how they could still maintain the frontlines despite the destruction and collapse of the South’s main forces.

“That… I don’t know it well but from what we heard, the other-worlders are winning.”

“What? What kind of bullshit is that?”

The Southern Commander looked at him as if he was speaking something absurd.

With the collapse of the Southern Allied Army, how could the other-worlders gain victory?

“The other-worlders… are surprisingly showing amazing performances.”

“Ho… Is this all of the news?”

“Yes, sir.”

“Hoo… Let’s wait for now.”

The communications officer was depressed after hearing the Southern Commander’s words.

While the others were busy enjoying the festival, all they could do was stay stuck in this place as they waited for any communications, something that they did not know when would come.