Ch. 113/115 - To the Frontline!

█████████████

To the Frontline! (1)

█████████████

Everyone was out receiving treatment after the battle at Lion Castle Fortress had ended.

The battle was so fierce that no soldier was free from injuries. Because of this, not only was the medical ward filled to the brim, even the temporary medical center built outside of the fortress was jam-packed to the point that there were soldiers being treated on the ground outside of the wards.

However, receiving treatment meant that their situation was better now. Thankfully, they could be healed even if their limbs were cut off as long as there were priests and potions. Just putting in long hours of effort could let them heal even if their bones were crushed. This was the biggest difference between this world and modern times. Because of the ridiculous ability of the priests’ holy power and potions, most of the injuries, whether it was severe or not, could be cured as long as the person was still breathing.

However, no matter the place, it was impossible to revive the dead.

“…Re…gi…ment…commander…”

The Northern Army officers couldn’t help but speak in a broken voice as they looked at Regiment Commander Zukov, who had died fighting the goblins.

Although the regiment commander’s position remained at the colonel level and did not get any promotions because of the limitations and restrictions of his abilities, he was still a veteran in the eyes of the Northern Army and was one of the people who they respected like he was their own general.

In fact, he was a person who declined his retirement despite being offered the position of general if he departed from the army. All he wanted to do was to use his will to fight and stay active. Some would say that he was doing this to block his juniors’ path but not a single soldier from the Northern Army would say this.

Why would a person armed with decades of experience remain active in this rotten and dying Northern Army?

They were already grateful that he remained active despite all the other officers planning to retire. After all, everyone wanted to live a comfortable life towards the end of their life spans. But Colonel Zukov was not this kind of person.

“Keuheup! Regiment Commander!”

“You can’t go like this!”

“Regiment Commander!”

The elite troops from the Northern Army that survived the battle cried as they looked at the expression that remained on Regiment Commander Zukov’s face upon his death.

From the officers down to the soldiers, all of the troops that came from the Northern Army that were deployed at the eastern gate had died. Only a small number of soldiers from the territorial forces and the guards had survived the gruesome battle.

This showed how much the Northern Army had fought to desperately block this front. Perhaps it was also thanks to their desperate efforts that the soldiers of the territorial forces and the guards fought hard until the end and prevented the goblins from bringing confusion to Lion Castle Fortress.

“The Northern Army was more courageous than anybody else. The Lion Castle Fortress will never forget the noble sacrifice that the soldiers of the Northern Army have made.”

Silverstein, as a representative, comforted the soldiers of the Northern Army. However, none of the troops from the Northern Army gave their gratitude for his words of consolation. All they could do was stare blankly at the coffins containing the bodies of their colleagues as they grieved the sacrifices made by Zukov and his men.