Ch. 98/100 - Great Naval War

█████████████

Great Naval War (1)

█████████████

The mermaids led the monsters corroded and corrupted by black water to charge forward and attack the temporary medic ward set up in the island. The knights did their best to lead the deployed soldiers and stop them from moving forward but it gradually became difficult for them when the void insects appeared in the sky. It came to the point that even the medics and the injured took their weapons and fought. However, no matter how hard they resisted, they were still pushed back.

Then…

Shiiiing!

A beam of light suddenly flew in from somewhere.

“Gr… rrrrrr.”

A crabman collapsed as blood gurgled out of its throat that was pierced through with the shining beam of light.

Everyone was stunned as they turned to look at the direction where the beam of light came from.

There, they saw a sharkman smoothly moving behind the person that let out the beam of light. Although the sharkman wasn’t as fast as they were at sea, it could still summon a spear and a wave made of black water. It was surfing towards the man that let out the attack. But before it could reach the mand, a cold and freezing wind blew which immediately froze the water that the sharkman was surfing on. And in just a blink of an eye, the sharkman had turned into an ice statue.

“Lieu… Lieutenant Colonel Iron?”

Iron cracked his neck after killing one crabman and one sharkman in an instant.

The mermaids were enraged as they watched him move nonchalantly. They took their spears, aimed and threw it straight at him. However, before the water spears could reach him, they evaporated in an instant. This was thanks to the single lightning bolt that appeared in front of Iron.

“The effect is quite good.”

This was the combination of his innate ability and Thunderbird’s ability. He was able to disintegrate the mermaids’ attacks with just a single bolt of lightning thanks to the fusion of their abilities.

Seeeing his unusual power, the mermaids immediately changed their tactics. The undead went to block the soldiers while the crabmen, the sharkmen and the mermaids rushed towards Iron.

However, Iron was not someone who could be easily beaten by such a foolish tactic.

The crabmen, which were acting as tankers, ran in front of the horde. But a single sweep of the blue ray of light from Iron’s eyes had turned them into dust. He also kept the sharkmen in check with his lightning.

“Graaaaaack!”

The mermaids, the crabmen and the sharkmen endured Iron’s attacks as they tried to rush forward. And finally, one of the crabmen finally succeeded in escaping Iron’s onslaught of attacks. The crabman immediately swung its two gigantic claws forward as it charged towards Iron in a full-frontal body slam. And Iron, who was trembling and only barely standing, could not have avoided such a direct and brute attack.

“Ugh!”

Iron flew back and slammed into one of the building’s walls. He couldn’t help but let out a slight groan of pain before coughing and standing back up. What was surprising was the fact that he only let out a slight groan of pain and a cough after receiving the crabman’s direct rush in his injured condition.