Ch. 188/190 - The Growing Field Army

█████████████

The Growing Field Army (1)

█████████████

All of the troops in Command fought against the monsters that were charging crazily towards them.

Their numbers were already beyond a regular monster corps and were already approaching or had probably reached the level of a monster wave. And that enormously large group was charging straight towards a single place. In Iron’s past life, two masters and the surviving Capital Defense Force joined forces to prevent their crazy charge.

However, this time it would be different. The weapon system and command system of the current Mobile Field Army was completely incomparable in his past life. And these two things made it possible for them to do it on their own. The only regrettable fact is that Iron would not be able to move from his spot.

“So, you prepared properly this time.”

Perhaps it was because the enemies were upset about the damage and pain that was inflicted on them last time that they made sure to leave behind troops that would deal with Iron the moment he moved.

The manticore was shrewd and clever, and it knew that it could not handle Iron by itself. So, it made sure to leave behind the high-leveled beings beside itself.

Iron could see that there were some giant mutated soldier ants and some mutated drakes standing guard beside the manticore. However, their original appearance was nowhere to be seen, perhaps it was because of the countless mutations that it underwent. It seemed like they were telling him that they would put pressure on him from the sky to reduce the number of available divine beasts while they would push him on the ground with the soldier ants.

‘Their strength must be quite formidable considering the number of mutations that they had undergone.’

Since they were going to deal with Iron, the bastard seemed to not want to be non-committal. However, the sly manticore would never stop at just tying Iron down to this extent. Iron had to consider the bastard’s hidden move so he thought that he should better stay put.

The moment Iron moved, the manticore would also move. So, they just stayed put and kept an eye on each other while keeping their enemies in check.

The manticore and some of its main forces were tied down but the situation still remained serious for Iron and his army. This was because Iron’s force in the Mobile Field Army was completely overwhelming and the absence of such a force was a big blow to them.

“Can you see that?”

“…Yes.”

Faulden squinted as he looked at the manticore that was standing afar.

The manticore was standing far enough that its gigantic figure looked small in the eyes of any normal person. But Faulden was also one of Leonhardts’ direct descendants and was a warrior with a considerable level of strength, so he could also clearly see where the manticore was.

“That bastard over there is trying to keep me in check by tying up its main forces.”

Faulden’s expression hardened at Iron’s words.

“I can’t move. That’s why you guys have to do it on your own.”

Faulden bowed his head when he saw Iron turning back to him and saying these words. The same was true for Carl, who was standing next to him.

Blocking all of these monsters without Iron was something that was nigh impossible. However, they did not have any choice. No matter how much damage they would suffer from, they needed to do this on their own.