Ch. 29 - Recruitment War (2)

█████████████

█████████████

As the students' desire for the 3rd Stage deepened, so was their gratitude for number 1. They were extremely grateful to him especially after experiencing repeated battles together.

Whenever monstrous geniuses appeared in the military academy, they would either look down on others or fall out and pursue their own path all on their own.

Number 2 was a prime example of this. She might seem close to others but once they started on training, she would leave them all behind and thread her path on her own. Even number 3 was the same. He was even more arrogant than number 2.

But number 1 was different.

He would train like numbers 2 and 3,but he would also try to grow together with everyone else. He willingly shared his practical and tactical knowledge with his peers and helped them grow stronger.

And this small gesture of his had stolen all the hearts of the children that surrounded him. Their sole desire to chase after and stay beside him had become the children's reason to do their very best. And as a result, their hard work became their strength.

"Number 1, there's no way we can respond to the gremlins' acid saliva. Right?"

"Well... there's really nothing else except for holding a shield."

"Haaaa..."

"But you can use a rifle instead. Monsters like that have terribly weak defenses so they can easily be killed with just a rifle."

"Hoo... But it's hard to hit it with a rifle since it's too fast..."

Jaiden smiled bitterly. He knew that fact too well.

Those monsters only had a slight grasp on magic but they used their acid saliva as their main weapon. Adding that to their obnoxiously fast flight speed, they could easily harass the soldiers.

In fact, strong monsters like harpies and dire wolves were easier to deal with. They might be clever but they were only clever to the point that they would attack their enemies' glaring weak spot.

But there were monsters that were much more clever than that. Just like goblins and gremlins.These monsters were ranked in the top 3 for their slyness, shrewdness and intelligence. This was also the reason why these monsters could also use their own alchemy and magic.

"If you use a lot of bombs then you can deal with them in one go..."

"Bombs?"