Ch. 25 - High-nosed Owl (1)

█████████████

█████████████

Jaiden finally finished his 4th year, after making an incredible achievement, and stepped into his 5th year in the academy.

The place where they were going was located in the aerial monsters’ habitat. It was clear that just one slight misstep could bring forth tumultuous dangers.

Well, to be honest, the 4th year academy was also dangerous considering that they were in the vicinity of the medium and large monsters’ habitat. They even fought for their lives at their young age during the war against the trolls.

However, contrary to what they had expected, their lives in the 5th year academy were quite lax. They were completely void of any tense and nervous atmosphere.

All the 5th year students had to do was take their theoretical classes and learn about what the aerial monsters looked like, what their characteristics were and where they lived. After all, most aerial monsters were high-ranked so it was nigh impossible for the children to fight against them.

Perhaps this was also the reason why they were all relaxed. Especially Jaiden. Jaiden had lived an eventful and busy life during his 4th year but he was now living a fairly enjoyable and comfortable student life.

In fact, they really had the chance to live a comfortable student life during their 4th year. But thanks to Jaiden, they had to toil and work hard. And by the end of it all, they had realized that they had already lived a dog-like life.

The 4th year students were only generally required to do practical training and battle against large monsters a few times. And they would only fight against half-dead monsters that had already been beaten by the rangers and the knights.

But during that time, they were tasked to test the effectiveness of Jaiden’s proposed methods so they ended up facing trolls that were very much alive and kicking. In addition, they were forced to risk their lives and fight against those monsters thanks to the chaos brought about by the changes in the Black Forest.

So, being presented with a comfortable student life, all of the 5th year students were basking and enjoying their current life. However, it did not take that long. They only lived easily for three months.

“Number 1 is training on the basic swordsmanship like his life is on the line.”

“I know right.”

The other students stared at Jaiden with confusion as he trained desperately in the basic swordsmanship.

Once they became 5th year students, they were no longer required to learn and train in the basic and Imperial Basic swordsmanship techniques. Instead, they were given a lot of free time to improve their individual skills.

If you look at their curriculum, they would be required to learn subjects that were based on the basics during their 1st~4th year.

During their 1st year, they were required to learn the basic common sense and combat methods. In their 2nd~3rd year, they were taught advanced strategies and tactics that they could use in combat and warfare. In their 4th year, they were taught methods on how to fight against medium and large monsters. All of the subjects that they took including cooperation, military mindset, strategies and tactics were centered around the basics and the basic swordsmanship.