Ch. 52 - Phoenix Rescue Operation (2)

█████████████

█████████████

Iron unknowingly let out a gasp of exclamation. He couldn’t help but be in awe at the shocking sight of a single sword strike creating a storm and sweeping the surrounding area.

He had felt this in his previous life too, but at that time he believed that the existence of masters was already beyond the human realm.

However, despite their unusually monstrous strength, these masters were also not some kind of superhumans. The scholars had concluded that the true superhuman were existences that went beyond that level and stood firmly on the grand master level.

‘Looking at this… it’s obvious that a sound like that will come out from my mouth, right?’

Iron’s head was blank as he stared at the scene.

Masters were usually referred to as monsters. They were existences that stood at the peak of the human race. A one man army. The last stage that a human could reach. The realm of monsters that lay beyond that of the realm of geniuses. All of these were words that described what a master was.

And today, Iron had no choice but to agree that these words speak of the truth.

“But isn’t it still dangerous?”

Iron turned to Carl Gustav.

As soon as he asked, a strong and powerful black beam of light, the same power that aimed for Carl Gustav, aimed for the master that was wreaking havoc with his storm sword.

As a master, that person could easily deflect the attack of the dark elf that aimed at him. However, that wasn’t all there was to it. Not only were the dark elves that hid deep within the Winter Mountains had indecipherable strength, there were also high-ranking monsters that lurked in all corners waiting for the right moment to pounce on him.

Even though the master had an extremely powerful sword storm to the point that he could wreak havoc in the white wyverns’ territory and even damage the cold wings’ territory, it would still be too much for him to deal with both monsters and the dark elves lurking by the shadows all by himself. If that was possible, then Crimson Halo, the Northeastern Commander, would have already wiped them all out before.

“Isn’t that why we called him?”

“Yes?”

Iron couldn’t understand Carl Gustav. Carl smiled when he saw Iron’s dumbfounded expression.

“Ghosts always pursue the perfect completion of our operations. Do you think we’ll only put all of our trust in one master in our strategy?”

When Lintel saw that Iron still couldn’t understand Carl’s words, he spoke up to explain.

“He’s not the Northern Commander.”

Skeptical, Iron turned to look at the master that was causing a huge storm before him. Iron’s eyes widened when he felt a familiar energy from within the storm.