Ch. 3 - Preparing to Run Away from Home (2)

█████████████

█████████████

After realizing that his body was truly trash, he immediately headed straight towards his private training hall after doing a simple warm up. Although small, since it was only meant for a child to use, the fact that the training hall was private was more important.

"The young master went to the training hall!"

"What's the big deal? Everyone goes there, you know."

A maid with freckles on her face replied to the shouting maid nonchalantly. It was not something new to them after all. But the other maid spoke hurriedly in frustration. She knew that the freckled maid did not understand her words at all.

"I'm talking about the first young master."

"For real?"

"Yeah."

The freckled girl looked at the other maid in surprise when she answered with great resolution.

Although all of the young masters with the exception of the youngest master had awakened their mana, the oldest son was not able to achieve his mana awakening. Even though he trained and breathed mana while he drank elixirs regularly, he was still not able to awaken his mana yet. This meant that he was not fit to be a Leonhardt. So why was he still allowed to stay in the mansion? The reason was simple. It was the head's warning to others to not become such trash. Whenever everyone saw the eldest son, they would say that they should work hard if they did not want to be like that. And all of the smart and cunning young masters knew this fact.

The first young master had noticed this. So he fell into a slump as he locked himself in his room and withered away.

"D... did he awaken his mana?"

"Everyone thought so, so I decided to take a peek too. But he did not."

"How did you know that?"

"One of the knights secretly checked it out."

"Ah..."

The freckled girl looked sad when she heard the maid's words. Then, the maid that was just chatting beside her disappeared as she continued to chatter with the other maids.

Rumors about Leonhardt's eldest son rapidly spread in the mansion. They said that the eldest son began to train again. However, these rumors waned and died down just as fast as it spread. He was not someone that they needed to pay attention to since his mana still did not awaken yet.

Just as the servants spread gossip about the dunce and went back to their work, Jaiden was also working hard in the training hall. He was currently swinging his wooden sword inside. His wooden sword was a special sword with an iron embedded deep inside.

"As expected, the Lion Sword Technique does not suit me at all."

Jaiden's thoughts were all tangled up at the moment. He wiped his sweaty furrowed brows as he stopped training in the Lion Sword Technique.