Chapter 66: Basilisk

I've been looking forward to this chapter :D

Double basilisk day!

The picture is Veela for a reason!

—————————

~~Ominis~~

This woman was not only obnoxious, but she obviously was far out of her element. Demanding things of them when she didn't know who they were or what they were capable of?

But when Marie mentioned her name, and she mentioned Marie's old name, it was clear that she perhaps did know them... which only added to his ire. So she knew Marie at least, and was still willing to kill them all? Desperation or not, that was merciless.

Well, if she wanted a fight, then so be it. He wasn't about to let her try to hurt Ariadne or Marie in her desperation to get to Damien. She wasn't going to enjoy this, though. His time with Sebastian and Damien had forced him to hone his skills, and out of sheer curiosity he'd begin to create his own spells starting at the end of his 6th year. He'd even been successful with a few of them, one in particular making him infamous.

He stepped forward from the rest with his wand in hand, taking a well practiced dueling pose as he pointed his wand toward the auror in warning.

He didn't like the idea of doing this so close to Feldcroft, there was a chance that his abilities might cause a bit of a panic if too many people woke up.

"This is your last chance, auror." Ominis said solemnly in a cold tone. He hadn't used this spell in a long time... but he wasn't going to waste time or let spells fly when they may hit the others on accident.

"Wait!" Sebastian yelled in alarm, running between them. "Please, Ominis, please don't do this." Sebastian said frantically, his breathing rushed.

Sebastian knew exactly what he was planning. Figures, they had fought alongside each other for years.

"Get out of my way, Sebastian." Ominis hissed. What was he doing? Why was he stopping him?

"No, it's different! She's just desperate! Please, please try to understand! Don't do this!" Sebastian begged frantically.

"She wants to kill Damien, Sebastian!" Ominis shouted angrily. "Not to mention threatening Ari and Marie! You heard her! Do you really expect me to just let her kill our friend? Do YOU want that?! PICK A SIDE!" Ominis shouted angrily.

Sebastian let out a soft breath of horror at the words, "Veela, you have to run, please!" He addressed the auror in panic.

"I'm not running! This is my only chance!" The auror shouted angrily. "Besides... what do you care for my well-being? You just used me for the past few days to keep me away from your friend!" She sounded rather bitter and angry, and he couldn't blame her. He hadn't liked this idea from the start, and this was precisely why.

"Please, you can't beat him, I promise you, you can't! Just go! Run now!" Sebastian's voice broke as he yelled.

Wait... why was Sebastian sounding so emotional?

"I'M NOT RUNNING!" The auror shouted angrily, and he heard the swish of a wand.

Ominis tilted his head in frustration, trusting Sebastian would have to get out of the way quickly.

So be it.

"Serpensortia basiliscus." Ominis said in a dark voice.

"PLEASE, Ominis!" Sebastian yelled frantically.

"Ari, Marie, come here!" Damien shouted, and Ominis heard their footsteps move far back further toward the house. He'd have to thank Damien for that later on.