Chapter 61: Dans L'ombre

~~Damien/Ronan~~

Their run into the forest was panicked, Marie looking around as they ran before tugging him toward the side and guiding him toward a small cave beneath the roots of a large tree. It had been close quarters, forced to spread his legs to allow Marie to sit in front of him, watching out from the darkness warily as voices sounded in the distance.

Let me back in charge, I can hear better! Ronan said urgently.

Damien normally would be hesitant, but he knew he was right, and once again they switched again.

Ronan watched warily as he heard footsteps in the dark woods, gold dimmed eyes harsh as he listened closely.

"Damien." Marie moved closer to him, whispering gently under her breath. "If they find us, we have to pretend we were doing something."

"Ronan." He whispered back, to let her know it was him.

She looked over to him in surprise and saw the gold rimmed eyes, but nodded with a soft blush. "Still."

"Like what?" He whispered.

"Like we were having sex. It will distract them, and it's not that unusual for 20 somethings to have sex in the forest." She whispered, her eyes calculating as she started to undo the strings of her corset. "They won't want to ask questions if they're embarrassed."

Holy shit. Damien said from within him in a breathy voice, and Ronan was so shocked he was speechless.

"S-sex?" He whispered, his eyes wide.

"Yes! Undo your shirt." Marie said urgently, ducking down when she heard voices growing closer.

His hands fumbled for the buttons, but he wasn't very good at using the hands for fine work yet- he wasn't used to the dexterity.

Oh for goodness sake, let me do it. Damien came back in charge to undo the buttons, leaving his shirt open to reveal the long scars of claw marks across his chest, as well as a hint at the vicious bite scar on his shoulder. "We need to get you to practice that." Damien grumbled quietly.

I can't help it, I'm used to paws! Ronan growled in frustration.

Marie looked over to him and realized what had happened, giving a little smile of amusement.

Ronan took charge again, letting out a soft huff at her smile before he heard the footsteps growing closer.

He instinctively grabbed her to pull her back closer to him, letting out a soft growl against her as he watched a blond haired woman and Sebastian walk along the path a few yards away from them. Marie tensed against him and pushed away gently, making him look down in alarm before he let his arm go from around her.

Don't take it personally, Ronan. Damien said gently.

He would try not to, but he just wanted to keep her safe from this auror.

He watched the two walk along the path warily, sinking back into the darkness of the small hole, baring his fangs angrily at the auror. He felt his hackles rise when she stopped, and he could hear her breathing in deep.

"I smell forest." The woman said.

"Uh... probably because we're in a forest, Veela." Sebastian said sarcastically.

"No, not that!" She hissed at him.

Wait... did she smell him? He lifted his arm and scented himself, but didn't smell anything unusual.

Marie tensed against him and pushed back anxiously as a rabbit ran toward them, drawing attention to the area. The auror didn't seem to pay any mind, but Sebastian had seen the rabbit, and Ronan nearly growled when their eyes caught. He held his gaze for a long second, baring fangs again. He knew he had to play nice with Sebastian, but that didn't mean he liked him. He had been trying to kill him for the last year.