Chapter 19: The Rabbit and the Snake

And so begins the third arc

—————————-

~~Ominis~~

The time they spent together seemed to be growing warmer with each moment, sitting in front of the large fireplace of the main room while she read The Count of Monte Cristo to him. The book was dark, but he kind of liked that.

He also liked teasing her as she read, sliding his hand slowly from her waist to her belly just to see when she'd notice. Whispering in parseltongue in her ear just to feel her shudder against him and nudge him with her shoulder to behave. So adorable... so sweet...

She gave little soft giggles when his touch roamed somewhere intimate, arching her back with a soft gasp when he'd brushed his hand along her neck. She was so much smaller than him, he would have to be gentle with her. She only came up to his shoulders, and her hand was slender and delicate as he held it in his.

The thought of taking her, of hearing her moan beneath him while he pumped into her brought a deep rough growl from him as he kissed her neck while she read to him.

"Save it for later, Ominis." She giggled, gasping when a hand came up to a breast to squeeze it gently through her dress.

"What if a servant comes?" She whispered against him. He felt her shudder, her back arching against him sensually.

"I don't hear anyone." He grinned against her neck, continuing his soft kisses. He loved how she tasted, how she smelled, his senses filling with her until his head spun and he couldn't think. She was like a drug he was getting hooked on. He wanted more- so much more. His Ariadne, soft, seductive, strong Ariadne.

"I... I can't read-" she said as her breath quickened, and he chuckled huskily against her as his other hand came up to give attention to her other breast, pulling her back against his chest as she gasped.

"You can read later." He growled against her shoulder, knowing that with her on his lap she could likely feel the length of him through her skirts.

Her soft inhale confirmed it, a soft whimper escaping her as she ground her rear down against his erection. He moaned softly as her hips shifted and moved against his lap, bringing heavy breaths of lust from him. What he wouldn't give to just spread her skirts around him, rip open those shorts and-

He heard footsteps and went quiet, putting a hand over her mouth to silence her as he tried his best to control his breathing. They were both panting softly, his expression hard as he wrapped his other arm around her waist protectively. He listened to the person outside the closed door warily, but shuddered when Ariadne took one of his fingers into her mouth to suck and lick along it. Bloody hell.

She seemed intent on driving him crazy now that he'd stopped, grinding her rear down against him as she sucked at his finger in her mouth. When he let out a low growl of warning she only giggled softly, only able to be heard by him.

He resisted with every fiber of his being, his breaths long and labored as he struggled to keep quiet with her grinding down against him. Little devil... but oh how he loved it.

"Keep reading, Ari." He said against her neck, letting his breath run against her skin to feel her shiver.

"I can't. You're too distracting." She huffed.

"You're one to talk." He chuckled, and with them talking the footsteps seemed to be moving away. What had they been listening for?

She gave a little soft noise of frustration, opening the book back up, but stayed pressed back against him, sitting in his lap. Her voice was more breathless as she started reading again, and at one point she let out a small shuddering breath, leaning her head back against his shoulder so her hair brushed against his cheek.