Chapter 92 - Birthday boy

Start from the beginning

- Hmm... you're right, it's logical, but... what else will you give him?

- I bought him a navy blue padded coat. I was just shopping one day, and I saw it, and I thought I wanted this for him.

- It's expensive...

- He is dear to me, and I don't care about the money. Moreover, this will be my first full-fledged birthday present for him. And what will you give to him?

- Yes, I bought a beautiful red leather notebook, it will definitely come in handy for him, he probably also writes a lot of things, like you.

- Yes, it's not bad, a useful gift.

- It's always difficult with boys when it comes to gifts - it's one thing when you choose a gift for your boyfriend, you can buy something for yourself and sort of like for him, well, you understand. And when you choose a gift for a friend... it's difficult...

- I don't know, I give gifts based on the principle of practicality - what would a person really need or want to, and not just some unnecessary things. For example, Damian loves ties - he already has more than 50 pieces, he just likes it. He wore some of them only once. And he loves to take care of his hair, which is amazing. I gave him a set of cosmetics for men for hair, he really liked it. He quickly ran out of everything then, and he asked where else to buy.

- Hmm, that's something in his style, I guess. I wonder what the rest will give? What do you think?

- No idea. Sasha and Niccolo will surely give some kind of joint gift, as a couple, it happens so often. Connie will certainly not strain, and will buy what the first thing that comes to his mind, or something that someone advises him. As for the rest, I have no idea. I think Jean would also have bought something unobtrusive before, but now he has Mikasa, so she will probably advise him something.

***

After lunch, Y/N, as usual, went to the Underground City, where she spent several hours. But she didn't have time to come to the bar to her friends on time. She left the city after six, and headed home. The bar where she was supposed to meet friends wasn't far from her apartment block, so she decided that she would have time to run home in just a couple of minutes.

When she got home, she quickly left all her belongings and changed into a milky knitted sweater with a gray-beige pencil skirt. She took her bag with her, putting a paper-wrapped book for Armin in it.

She was only twenty minutes late to her friends. But she wasn't the last one to come - there was still no Historia at the table. The others were already seated in one of the corners of the bar she had long known, several tables pushed together. Armin was seated in the center, as a birthday boy should be. Sitting next to him was Jean on one side and Connie on the other side. Next to Connie sat Sasha with Niccolo, then Annie, Hitch and Mikasa, blurring this circle.

- Sorry for the delay, I'm a little late.

- «Oh, Y/N, we've already placed bets on who's coming later - you or Historia», Connie said, rising from the table to greet her.

- «Mm, did someone win?» Y/N said jokingly.

- «I won!» happily Hitch said. «They all said that you would come later than everyone else, it was only me who had to defend your honor, Y/N»

Jean, Connie and Sasha handed over some money to Hitch, Hitch was quite pleased. Y/N walked over to Armin, who got up from the table after noticing her.

- Happy birthday!

She hugged him warmly in a friendly way, smiling broadly at him. Armin hugged her back too. She was so beautiful today, she smelled of lavender as usual, smelled like home.