68

EENHA

The last practice at school was already here. Then a day at the studio and stage and then filming. And then we would be done. Everything was coming to an end, it felt surreal. Hyunjin wasn't lying, nothing hardly changed between us. He seemed completely fine with things so I tried to feel the same. I did think whether Minho was the only reason he decided to break our thing off. And had he even considered having something more than mere interest in me but it didn't matter now. Hyunjin and I were now friends. Minho and I were nothing. The order of the world was in balance. (In a world where Hwang Hyunjin was my friend, obscure I know.)

We had brought a small platform that we would use to practice on the drop. It was about my hip height a little taller but while standing on it, it felt a lot higher. Hyunjin stood with me on the platform to prevent it from tipping over. Before the endless repetitions of the whole routine, we went over the trouble parts. One being my, Hyunjin, and Minho's part.

I recall how annoying it had been when we first started with this fall thing...

We started with a casual trust kind of fall to practice if we could really use this part in the routine. Minho stood on a mattress that was brought just in case. It's not that I was scared just a bit doubtful... yeah doubtful.

The instructor inspected the rest rehearsing their parts while worried Wonshik supervised the three of us. "Just drop down already!" Minho whined after I had stood on the edge for a good minute. "And that's easy for you to say!" I argued back. Hyunjin laughed amused at our bickering. (It was like he had secretly tried to bring Minho and me together all along.)

Weirdly enough Minho acted softer with Hyunjin around. Maybe he tried to just get with it like I was and with others around it resulted in this. "Don't you trust me?" Minho spoke with boredom and irritation, a weird combination. I gave him a look of distrust, "not really." A lie, I knew how strong his arms were... He scoffs in disbelief. "Why don't you two just try a normal trust fall first?" Hyunjin suggests.

We look at him with a glare. (In my opinion, Hyunjin was trying too hard.) "Then Eenha will know that Hyung won't fail to catch her, right?" He tries to reason with us not wanting either of us to argue against him. I catch Hyunjin's eyes, "bold of you to assume he won't fail to catch me on purpose." I glare at Minho as I finish. Hyunjin laughs at my doubts. " Then I'll ask Chan hyung to give him a scolding." Minho scoffed. "Just come down, already." I sat on the edge. "He doesn't bite," Hyunjin whispered before I hopped off the ledge. I looked at Hyunjin and his grin as he in turn got to sit on the edge. I shake my head at him.

I go to Minho's original place in front of the platform on the mattress as he backs off to the other end I turn to look at him. "You'll catch me right?" "Yes, yes don't be such a-" I glared at him which made him not want to finish his sentence. "I'll give you a scolding my own," I muttered before turning my back to him. I could sense how he rolled his eyes preparing himself. "God I hate this..." "Don't worry he'll catch you." Hyunjin reassured. "He better..."

I kind of wanted to close my eyes to keep my expression as neutral as possible. So I closed my eyes before starting to lean backward arms loosely on my side so Minho could hook his under them. As I fall I'm not hesitant at all. All though I wished to be taken by his hands a moment sooner, he was one of those who allowed the other to fall pretty low. He bent down with my body weight and as I opened my eyes he was peeking over me. "Wasn't so bad was it?" I'm mesmerized by the short distance. "Right."