38

EENHA

I struggled my way to the cafeteria's kitchen with a powdered medicine packet in hand. I needed to take it before rehearsals even if Wonshik wouldn't allow me to fully participate... I agreed I would rest for today so I could participate in the dress rehearsal tomorrow...

I pushed past a door into a room that had a table and a sink. Perfect, I thought and stepped in. At first, I thought I was there alone which was a relief. I walk to the sink and find a glass before reaching for the fridge to get some water when I hear it, "what are you doing here?" Minho's voice scares the shit out of me. My body straightens up and I hit my head on the top shelf, "fuck!" I groan as the male laughs the shit out. I turn to him annoyed, "why didn't you say something!" "But I just did?" He grins.

I rub my forehead and grab a bottle of water. I place it on the counter next to my glass and medicine. I sigh, "idiot." "Clumsy as ever... Does it hurt?" He started approaching me from where ever he was hiding. "What do you care and why are you here," I look away getting back to what I was doing in the first place while still holding my head. "Fetching water," he holds two bottles up and I turn away. "Let me," he comes to snatch the package and bottle from me. He pours the powder into the glass before pouring water into it.

I looked at the boy in front of me. Confused by Minho's sudden will to help. I stare involuntarily. He was mixing medicine for me. Why? With nothing much to do my eyes wandered. He was wearing a black t-shirt so my eyes stopped to look at his exposed arms. Suddenly I felt warmth creeping down my back, neck, and cheeks. His hands may have been on the small side but their duality right now as he squeezed the spoon was making me insane. He was. He always did. But he hated me and I hated him. Just because he wanted to look after me because I was sick wouldn't change that, right? Maybe he just felt bad for scaring me earlier, right?

I felt bittersweet. I had almost forgotten how nervous just his presence made me since I was so caught up in 'hating' him. And of course Hyunjin. My favorite kind of distraction. But honestly, to me, he wasn't just a mere distraction anymore, was he? But only God knows what our case was. I honestly have no idea what he thought of me. Everything was a mess.

After I realized that I had been staring at him like a creep I came to my senses. "Why are you doing all this?" I ask him and he shrugs his shoulders. "I mean aren't we supposed to be..." I muttered into silence. "What? Angry at each other, what are we five?" I scoffed. He didn't sound as insulting as one could take it. "Guess we aren't." I sighed.

Minho was right, we should be able to talk it out and move past it. Yet we had just tried to get by. For some reason, I felt super guilty. These weeks he had done nothing but look after me and respected my request. I regretted everything I said that day, I was wrong even thinking that he was rude and an idiot. Chan and Hyunjin were right, he cared differently.

I swallow my pride with a sigh, "I said something quite insensitive to you, didn't I? It's not like you gave me that detention..." He doesn't even bat an eye at me. "You kept looking after me ever since you walked in on me in that classroom... I noticed. Making sure I had water at all times. Why? Why would you do that?" "Hell, do I know?" I roll my eyes at his response, "idiot. Here I was trying to make up. Apologize and thank you..." I mutter.

He finally hands me the medicine he had been mixing. I grab it but before I get to move my arm even an inch he grabs my wrist. His face suddenly closer than it probably has ever been. My eyes locked to his and he held my gaze. "My name is Minho and not 'idiot'." He lets go and takes his distance. I stare at him wide-eyed.

MINHO

Minho notices that Eenha is unable to give him any proper response. A slight grin made its way to his lips. In his mind, he admitted that Hyunjin was right and that her bewildered stage was cute. Well, he didn't need Hyunjin to realize that.