44

EENHA

It was 9:50 am on a Tuesday. Exactly ten minutes after the art class had begun Hyunjin walked in as usual. He flashed a smile at Miss Choi who welcomed him in and then he proceeded to his place. What was weird was how he dropped that smile right after the teacher dismissed eye contact.

He sits on the seat next to me. I had taken out both of our works and supplies to save him the trouble, I was always five minutes early anyway. "Hey Hwang," I greeted the boy who had both of his Airpods in. Just a side note, he never did, he always left the other out when in class with me. "Hey..." His unenthusiastic response confuses me even more.

I chuckle not knowing how to handle this version of him. His mood didn't seem to have been improving since the last time we met at the planning meeting. "Rough weekend? Where were you by the way? I texted. You didn't answer." I try not to sound offensive, it was just what happened. "Sorry, I was home." He grabs a pencil and his unfinished work. He wasn't glancing my way not one bit. I let out a small sigh. "Is everything okay?"

HYUNJIN

Cute that Eenha was concerned about him, but Hyunjin didn't feel like talking about it. It annoyed him to even think about it. "Yeah perfect,"  he tried to sound more like himself. He glanced at the brunette and realized she was not buying it. "Hyu-" "Missed me that much? I was barely gone for two days." He displays a grin. She scoffed with a smile, "don't try and brush me off with that pretty boy act."

Hyunjin chuckled. Don't worry he can step it up. His gaze fixated on her. Eenha furrowed her brows probably confused. As she was distracted he moved his free hand on her thigh under the table. Her eyes widened but they didn't break eye contact. "What act?" He spoke in a lower tone.

The brunette got to her senses and gently slapped his hand. "We're in a fucking class Hwang? Literally, anyone could see-" He didn't get the warning and gave her a light squeeze. "I don't see a problem why I couldn't rest my hand here." He leaned closer.

Hyunjin made sure she couldn't look away from him. She was frozen. Perfect, he thought. "Is it a problem?" He stared down at her. She inhaled sharply as if she was going to say something. He lifted a brow and that was enough to make her turn her head away. "I suppose it's not." The brunette muttered.

Hyunjin propped his elbow on the table and leaned his head on his palm. Eenha took hold of a pencil and tried to focus on her work. His hand barely made contact with her skin due to her uniform's skirt but he moved it enough to have his thumb caress her bare skin. He earned a glare for that. "You've gone crazy," she spoke and he chuckled. "Maybe." She didn't ask anything after that. He was glad. His plan had worked.

---EENHA---

"Okay, so we have the pair parts for this performance." The familiar woman choreographer presents. "We think this Latin pop track needs some sensual tension that will help the performance bloom as a whole. And because of last week, we already have two built pairs!" My blood runs cold at that sentence. No way in hell I was doing anything with Minho. "Let us show you a sneak peek!" Tengo walks into the middle of the practice room and Hyunjin follows her.

"When did the two of you have time to practice this?" Changbin asks puzzled. "We just tried this yesterday," Tengo answers quickly. Their preview was short but informative enough to get the feel of what the pair routine was going to be about. Unwillingly my eyes found Minho from the room.

I started listing reasons why we shouldn't dance together, first, the only passion we shared was hatred. Second, I didn't want to look him in the eye yet be touched by him. It all made me remember the things I found comforting that day... It reminded me of the boy I actually liked (not like liked but like) who was kind and gentle.