08

TENGYANG

Tengyang was walking in the hallway toward her English class. This was her first class of English after meeting the boys at their company. (Why did I mention this? Well, Tengyang knew that Seo Changbin was taking that English class with her.) And because the poor boy was the only senior in there and not that social he had sat alone all these weeks since this term started. So, Tengyang took it on her shoulders to change that. It would be weird once they finally start working they would ignore each other in class, right? She knew that maybe a simple greeting as they met on their way to class would be enough but she hoped that common class could make them more comfortable around each other. Just like it was easier to talk to Seungmin and Jisung!

Tengyang arrived in front of the class at the same time as their English teacher Mrs. Ahn. She opened her classroom and everyone slowly drifted in. As she finally made it she saw Changbin sitting down in his usual place. Okay, Tengyang you can do this, she psyched herself.

"This seat taken?" Tengyang pulled out the chair next to Changbin. He was a little taken aback but shook his head. "It's not." She flashed a smile and took a seat. Both of them started taking out their supplies. "It's funny I remembered a few days ago that we shared this class. And I noticed you didn't have a seatmate so," she rambled. "Oh right," the boy clumsily responded. "What about your seatmate?" "I don't know them that well they had other friends around I'm sure it's fine." He nodded.

Both of them then focused on the lesson. God Tengyang that was a bit awkward... She sighed inside her head. Eenha had always said Tengyang was a people reader but she couldn't figure Seo Changbin out. Even now she felt a low barricade in them being friends. That barricade blocked her from choosing the right way to approach the male sitting next to her.

"Do this talking exercise with your seatmate in ten!" Mrs. Ahn ordered. They started going through it. "You be that side I'll be this," Tengyang suggested. "Yeah, sure." That little dialogue really didn't take ten minutes. They were quickly done with it.

They placed their books down. "So you're in a third grader's class." The boy nodded like he saw this coming. "Is it okay to ask why?" The older boy nodded again knowing the girl was just trying to hold a conversation. "I actually failed it last year. So here I am retaking it." "Oh, so English isn't one of your strengths."

Changbin sighed deeply, "is not. As someone who tries to get in business that probably isn't a good thing." "Oh, you're going to apply for college?" Tengyang asked intrigued. "Well," the male rubbed his nape, "I'll try to apply I don't know if I can accept a place though even if I get taken in." Tengyang nods understandingly. Going to college wasn't exactly possible if you still wanted to keep dancing if you didn't have sickly rich parents and an extra ten hours in your day.

For sure Tengyang too would have loved the idea of college. Getting to choose a proper major and immerse yourself in it. She would go for history of course. "Yeah, it sounds pretty impossible with our hobby right?" "Yeah..." The male seemed to have also accepted the fact. "But business isn't that long of a major right? The college education is like what-" "Two years." "Right." Changbin nods, "that's why I'm still going to apply because our youngest will still be two years in high school after my graduation so." "Oh, I see. Well, I hope it works out for you!" Tengyang cheered the male. "O-oh yeah, thank you," he a little flustered by the cheer thanked her with a smile.

"Oh and also," Tengyang gained the older's attention. "If you need help with English I can help. I get like 80 to 90 percent on my exams and well I read a lot of English." "Oh, that'd be nice." Tengyang smiles as her offer is taken. "We should change phone numbers so you can contact me when you need help!" A small silence ensued which made Tengyang sweat inside her mind. "Sure!" Changbin picked up his phone from his pocket. Relieved Tengyang released a breath she didn't know she was holding.