03

Now playin'
Last Dance by Youha

EENHA

I and Himi had taken over a cozy corner in the school's library. We both had a free period in our schedules. It was weird for a 10th grader and a 12th grader to have a free period together but Himi's schedule wasn't the most usual. You see, the little kid came from Japan to Korea not so long ago just to take dance more seriously. She was crazy talented with it, so I am glad she took the leap and ended up with us. It happened naturally. I was the one chosen to show her around as another foreigner and then she was just kind of stuck with us.

"Look, look," Himi's excited voice made me lift my eyes from the book I was 'reading'. "Isn't that boy an 11th grader and he a 12th grader?" I glanced in the direction Himi was intensively looking. A few tables from ours sat two boys, one with a boxy smile and another with dyed blonde hair. As the blonde boy also laughed he twisted his whole body so that I saw the freckles on his face. God freckles are so cute and pretty, I thought.

I then chuckled at Himi who looked at me confused. "Again, those two there are Yang Jeongin and Lee Felix." I first gestured to the one with raven hair and then the cute blonde. "They belong in the same dance crew and are really close friends, it's natural for them to spend a free period together." Her mouth goes round, "oh." I shook my head. "OH, they are those two!" "Now focus on studying because we're going to spend the night locked in a practice room." She sulked and without a word took the book back in her hands.

I eyed the two boys again for some reason. Jeongin was the youngest of eight boys who formed that hellish and super-talented crew already in the project. The way I saw him act around his dance 'hyungs' though made me sometimes question who of them was the actual maknae.

Felix a cute Aussie who transferred here in 7th grade. (Yes, junior high and high school are connected in this school.) I had never actually talked to the boy but he seemed kind. Their crew definitely had people of all kinds. Based on what you hear. A third boy approached the two, Kim Seungmin. Well, that wasn't a surprise.

Seungmin seemed like the only sane one. He was known for correcting teachers in class and minding his own business outside of it. If I even had a fraction of his knowledge maybe I would successfully pass my least favorite subjects with ease too.

"Unnie," Himi groaned not being able to focus on the biology book any longer which alerted my attention back to her. "Can't we go get ice cream instead? We still have a half hour 'till our next classes?" I exhaled deeply. "You know I'm right?" She continued. To that, I cocked a brow up. "You know what'll happen if you fail that class." I intimidated the younger. Himi grew nervous, she didn't want to show that to me though but I caught it anyway. "Yeah, yeah, Mirae unnie will-" "And I." Himi gulped.

Himi knew my tough love but I also noticed how tired she seemed. "I know I can pass." She pleaded lastly and I nodded. Himi smiled brightly and hurriedly started packing her stuff. I was still placing my books in my bag as she stood up hyped. "Himi wait," I tried to make the younger wait. She was already on her way walking backward and watching me pack up. "You know I think out of the three of you I prefer Tengyang unni-"

*THUD*

"Aish!" I saw Himi falling on her ass after crashing against someone. I sigh and rush to the scene. When I notice the three familiar boys I take in air. This over-energetic brat gives me a headache... "I told you to wait," I spoke teasingly as I helped her up. She frowned and kept rubbing her sore ass. "Sorry," she muttered. I chuckled softly, "silly don't apologize to me but him." I gestured towards Felix who was rubbing the back of his head.

"Sorry," Himi bowed embarrassed. Felix and the two others had turned to us. "Oh, it's fine really. You didn't hurt yourself?" Felix spoke. Wow, the tone of his voice was pretty low. How unexpected. Himi just shook her head timidly. She got easily shy when faced with trouble. "Well, that's good." "Maybe next time look ahead will you?" I scolded her playfully and she nodded.