20

Now playin'
I Don't Even Mind By Chen

EENHA

The air was a lot fresher at this time of the day maybe the subtle drizzle had some part with it. It was chillier too. I should have grabbed that blanket from the couch before I came. I slightly shivered in my pajamas. As expected I couldn't sleep. I had no specific reason this time either, I just didn't feel sleepy at all. So I came outside, this lodge had a cute porch with enough room for a wooden couch or bench, I don't really know what to call it. Hopefully, no one woke up as I tip-toed my way out.

I kept taking in the view of my surroundings. I loved every moment out of the suffocating capital. It gave my mind room to breathe and be creative again. My eyes had already adjusted to the dim porch light. The bright streetlights were almost blinding.

I glanced up. I could see the night sky better even the smallest stars shimmered visibly. I lifted my legs up on the bench and hugged my knees for warmth while I kept gazing up. For a moment I was too stunned by the stars to think of anything.

My calm and thoughtless period didn't last long. The closer we got to actually starting this thing the louder the worry of our possible disbandment grew. The boys were nice and we all seemed to get along which was a relief. Now we can actually focus on this properly.

Well almost. Because what has been going on with Minho? I mean why is he so hard to read? And why does it bother me so much? I don't know... Or could it be because- I scoffed to myself. If Tengo was here I knew what she would say... but no! No, no, no. That really is not the case. We are working together now, right? He is just a very damn fine male, that's it. It will pass. I mean 'it' doesn't even really exist... He is so attractive it's annoying. All of them are. Especially him and-

HYUNJIN

He placed a blanket on her to gain her attention. "Oh Hyunjin," Eenha came back down on Earth. "Hey," Hyunjin replied. He couldn't sleep either. He had tried but after rolling around for a good while he decided he needed air. He didn't know Eenha would be outside, but now he was glad that she was. He had grabbed the blanket in case it had gotten colder. He was right, she was shivering as he came. "Thank you," she muttered while scooting to the side to make him space. He sat next to her.

EENHA

"Were you stargazing?" Hyunjin asks with a hint of playfulness. A smile tucks at my lips, "can't sleep?" I ask instead of answering. He shakes his head. "Why?" He shrugs his shoulders, "you?" "I don't know either." He hums. Then we sit in silence.

I bury myself deeper into the depths of the blanket. It was just what I needed. How I loved the warmth. If you ask me I would rather burn to death than freeze to death. I hated the cold from the bottom of my heart. (But you probably already noticed that, the americano versus hot choco thing? yeah back into the moment...)

I glanced back at Hyunjin. He now had his eyes glued up at the sky. The hairband he seemed to wear to bed was hanging around his neck allowing his hair to be free. I and Hyunjin have gotten a lot closer, haven't we? I thought to myself. It just happened before I even realized it. I smiled to myself before looking up too.

HYUNJIN

"Aren't they pretty?" It was Hyunjin's turn to look at the brunette. She was smiling. Mesmerized by the stars. Stars sparkled in her eyes mirroring the beauty of the night sky. Pretty was an understatement. "Mm," he responded. He looked back up. The starry sky was too artistically pleasing. The quiet sounds of the sleeping town were calming. No loud noises from cars or chattering of the nightlife were heard. It made him relax.