37

HIROMI

Hiromi sat in a familiar space waiting for someone. She swayed her legs back and to while sitting on top of a desk. She was humming to herself as she had her headphones on. The Japanese girl thought how amazing a routine she could make to the song she was listening to.

She was so into it she didn't even realize when a person had appeared in front of her. Only when the person removed the girl's headphones the black-haired girl noticed the figure. "Oh Unnie," she smiled brightly and got ready to hop off the desk when the figure in front of her moved closer.

Hiromi looked up to catch the other girl's eyes. The older girl placed Hiromi's headphones to rest on the younger's neck and proceeded to tuck in her hair. Hiromi could only sit there confused. "Shouldn't we go?" She asked. The girl shook her head, "we can stay a while longer." "Oh," Hiromi nodded hesitantly.

The older girl pushed herself closer between Hiromi's legs and placed a hand on her waist. Hiromi gasped at the sudden contact. Her heart rate picked up pace when the other person came so close. It wasn't uncomfortable for her in any way but she was still shocked. "I eh-" Hiromi tried but couldn't form any kind of sentence.

The person smiled gently and placed her free hand on Hiromi's cheek softly stroking it. "You don't have to say anything," the person told her and Hiromi nodded once. The girl leaned downwards and tilted Hiromi's head. Then they got closer and closer. Hiromi was about to have her first kiss and she couldn't believe it was with her. "Himi," the other spoke like a whisper when their lips almost touched-

"HIMI!"

The Japanese girl woke up to the call of her voice. Hiromi groaned as she finally opened her eyes. "You're all red, do you have a fever?" Mirae quickly walked to the sleepy girl and placed a hand on her forehead. Hiromi had no idea what was going on. Mirae was neatly dressed in her work attire. "I'm leaving for work, if you're feeling sick tell Tengyang or Eenha okay?" "I'm not sick I-" Hiromi mumbled until she remembered her dream.

"I'm going now!" Mirae left the room in a rush. A dream? Hiromi thought to herself and lifted her hands on her cheeks. They felt indeed hot. She had dreamed all that? Why would she have such a dream about that Unnie? Oh shit, shit, shit, she chanted to herself and buried herself under the blanket.

"This is not happening, it was just a meaningless dream," she whispered to herself. Hiromi threw away the blanket. She needed to get ready for school. She tried to act normally and forget that dream. Since they usually just fade from your memory. This one however did not seem to go anywhere.

Hiromi picked out her school uniform but couldn't stop her heart from fluttering and reminiscing about the touch of the dream. "No, no, no," she picked up her makeup bag. She needed to just keep going with her day and eventually, she will not think about it, right? She picked up a brush and brushed her mid-length hair.

After she was done she tucked it behind her ear, suddenly remembering how in the dream the other person did it for her. "Shit..." She mumbled and sighed. This can't be happening... A knock on her door made her alert again. "All good?" It was Eenha. Hiromi nervously nodded. "Unnie mentioned something about a fever?" The younger girl shook her head vigorously, "I'm fine!" "Ookay," Eenha smiled. "I'm gonna go to class then." Hiromi nodded, "bye!"

When the door closed Hiromi slumped in her chair. Who can she talk to? Who could make her make sense of this... Maybe she just needs to forget, it was nothing anyway. Nothing. (Our sweet Himi, it's not 'nothing'.)

---HYUNJIN---

When Hyunjin came in ten minutes late like he usually does he found the brunette girl in her usual spot. Miss Choi was already explaining their new project for the class so he silently walked to his place. He set down his backpack and the brunette smiled a greeting to him. He returned the smile and sat down.