15

TENGYANG

Tengyang sat alone in her Korean class. The room was dead silent as everyone worked on their essays. They had to write a 3000-word essay on topics that couldn't be more boring. On Tengyang's laptop was a blank sheet. Still, 45 minutes to go, she thought. The task she chose was about writing an empowering speech for youth about the environmental crisis. It was something she would have at least a little to say.

She wore her headphones and her phone was face up next to her laptop. I need something else, she sighed to herself as she picked up the phone to change the song playing.

*4 new notifications on Kakao-talk*

Oh, what's this? She opened Kakao-talk to look at the message.

Changbin
hey I was wondering if you could help me with english today alr ?
I mean I have a free period 9:30 forward if you happen to be free
I could use help with grammar if that's fine with you
ahh you must be in class rn sorry!

Tengyang chuckled quietly as she read the clumsy messages. Changbin is a lucky man since she indeed has a free period next. She glanced up quickly to check that the teacher hadn't spotted her on her phone before proceeding to reply.

Me
its ur lucky day i can make it to the library by 10 u'll be there?

Changbin was still online so Tengyang waited for a response without putting her phone down. Soon she saw him typing back.

Changbin
yeah thank you!

Me
dont thank me yet ;Dd

The teacher glanced at Tengyang's way and the girl almost slammed her phone back onto the desk. She then pretended to be writing before she felt the danger pass. Her shoulders relaxed and again she started staring at the blank screen.

---SEUNGMIN---

Seungmin was released from his class. He calmly followed the mass of students to get out of the classroom. His next class was canceled and thank God for that because he was starving at the moment and lunch wouldn't be until after the next class. That would also leave him time to finish reading that essay about the Cold War he started last night.

Their morning had been such a fuzz as Minho had to leave early. He had somewhere to attend before school so Seungmin, Felix, and Jeongin were on their own for breakfast. Seungmin realized now that cereal isn't enough for breakfast if you want to survive the school day.

School's cafeteria was expensive so after stuffing his locker with unnecessary books Seungmin grabbed his coat and headed out. His goal was the convenience store on the other side of the road. With hands stuffed in his school uniform's pockets, he walked outside towards the school's gate.

There he saw a familiar face but what was she doing at the school? Seungmin contemplated a little whether he should approach her or not, but it would be rude not to. "Hey," he called out as he was close enough. "Oh, hi Seungmin!" The girl smiled sweetly. "So what are you doing here Noona?" He asked Mirae who stood by the gates.

"I'm actually waiting for Tengyang she forgot this and texted me to bring it from the dorm. She is supposed to have a free period now but she hasn't shown up yet," she explained not surprised. Seungmin looked at the fabric pencil case in her hands. "A pencil case?" Mirae lifted the item, "I don't know what's inside but it's not pencils, so it must be important." "Oh," Seungmin nodded. "So you don't have work?" Mirae shook her head lightly, "it's my day off from the cafe at least. I have a different job for the evening." She smiled warmly.