33

(I and Hyunjin didn't talk about what happened in the locker room. Because by then I had concluded that it was a one-time thing and brushed it off. He didn't feel the need to bring it up either so that was that. Saying things didn't change would be a lie but nothing got any clearer that was for sure. Plus we were successfully behind schedule with our mural at this point.)

HYUNJIN

Hyunjin was relieved they didn't need the ladders anymore. Even if he was holding them down the brunette had managed to make his heart jump when she took a misstep or something. They only needed to keep filling the field with flowers but each took time and they wanted it to be full of them. Hyunjin took the left side and Eenha the right.

The two painted in silence. He had one of his AirPods in and she had her earphones. He didn't mind it though. Painting like this brought his mind to a halt which he needed right now. Even if the origin of his thoughts was there right next to him.

It was weird to him. Like something changed but at the same time nothing did. The two didn't talk about it afterward. Meaning their kiss. He wanted to try it out with her and now he had. What does that mean now? He was confused and the thoughts lingered in his mind. She acted ordinarily so that was what he decided to do too.

That benefitted them both in all aspects. Even if they were dancers and not idols, at least his company was strict on any kind of disturbance. That included dating. For some reason dating within the group was almost looked as worse. Perhaps because a couple breaking up would affect their crew's dynamics no matter how mature they would be about it.

Hyunjin shook his head before diving deep into his world. The hallway was silent as usual. He glanced at the brunette's side to see how she was progressing. It was funny that even if they had distinctive styles they blended well together.

The way she made shadows was softer. She blended in the colors with only minor differences in the tone. He on the other hand made sure the shadows were shown using bravely darker shades to contrast. This style difference made their field of flowers look even more alive. Like a wind was blowing over moving the field.

Hyunjin then moved his eyes to her. Her left hand and arm were again full of paint. She had rolled the sleeves of her uniform's button-up and left her jacket hanging around. He too had taken off the school uniform's jacket. The art class did have protective coats but no one ever really used them.

EENHA

"Shit..." I muttered as I swiped away some residue paint on my left arm. I noticed the sleeve was stained. "I told you that only ruins your clothes." I turned to the grinning blonde who was already looking at me. I give him a sarcastic smile and find some paper to try if it would still come off.

I dipped the paper into the still kind of clear water and tried to scrub the paint away from my sleeve. I sighed noticing I was only making it worse. The paint had already dried enough to create a mess. "Perfect I'm gonna have to buy a new shirt..." He chuckled. "Or maybe it's not visible if I never take off my jacket." "Don't you have a few?" I come back to my place. "No? I just wash this one, it's not like I have a lot of money."

Hyunjin stopped working, "a shirt? Is it that expensive?" I scoffed, "not everyone has rich parents." Fuck. I saw how his face changed. "I'm sorry I didn't mean it like that..." I looked away embarrassed. "No, it's fine," I could tell my statement bothered him. "No, it's not I'm sorry," I argued back. "Your mom doesn't live here right?" He changed the subject. I felt obligated to respond, "no and I don't want to be even more of a menace to my grandparents that's why I work." He hummed.

I sighed, how thoughtless of me to say something like that. "I can buy you a new one." I turned my head to him. "What?" "I mean I can give you money for it." He returned my look. "Why would you do that?" I chuckled confused. His lips formed a grin. Before I had time to dodge he reached his arm toward me. His paintbrush drew a line of reddish pink on my button-up.