32

EENHA

I was in our company's dance practice rooms dancing. As quickly as the holiday came, it passed. Tomorrow we would already and finally start working on the second performance with the new instructor. I hoped she would be nice. She seemed nice. Well, there is no way she can be worse than that sick bastard. And I doubt the boys would have accepted someone who meant more trouble.

I came here early in the morning so I could get something done. I was still a little embarrassed about my past mistake... I don't ever want to do something like that again on stage even if it was just for practice. I also wanted to avoid the girls the best I could. Every moment away was a little easier.

I played a redefined track Chan had made for us. It was cool how he could do that. He executed our visions just like we talked. I was just improvising and getting the feeling. I stared intensively at the mirrors making sure my form was fitting. Pointed ankles, desperate enough expressions, and all of that.

I was panting heavier than usual... I have felt worn out much easier. My breathing got so heavy it started to burden my chest and I stopped to drink some water. It's probably the after-effect of worrying and stressing out so much. I should also start drinking hot choco. It relaxes me.

After drinking the water I placed the bottle down and got back to dancing. The weird tightness in my chest was gone. I still felt tired but that comes with the activity. The door to the practice room opened, "knew it." Tengo stepped inside. "We going?" I asked her. She nodded and waited for me to grab my things and close up. "You know you don't have to come here every day, do you?" I roll my eyes amused, "I'm not here every day. I just wanna be confident with this performance." I make a face at her. She looks at me doubtfully, "if you exhaust yourself we'll be in bigger trouble." I chuckle passing by her as we start leaving the room. "You think a little dancing will break me?" "Just remember I told you so." "Sure, sure."

---

Today's rehearsal was weird in so many ways. First off it was held in the middle of the school day. It meant it was a lot shorter than usual. The first thing we were shown after warming up was a videographed preview of the pair dance part. The second weird thing was that besides the dance leaders and the woman instructor, none of us had been there to create it. We stare at the instructor in front of us as she is deep in thought. We needed four dancers.

Hyori reasoned that we should try the pair part out first since it wasn't yet confirmed whether we would keep it or not. 'After that, the rest of the routine can be up to you for safety measures it was needed that I take the most responsibility over this part', she had explained herself. I appreciated that but she would not have needed to do so. We all understood that it was for the best.

Looking at the part, it reminded me of a creepy doll performance. Two girls started it, one was a limb doll and the other 'played' with it. Lifted her from the ground and made it mimic her movements. The boys step in separating the girl from her doll. The girl doesn't like that and curses the boy. Her doll acts as her duplicate and the other boy as a shadow.

"So we design and decorate with the theme of the white swan and swan lake," I open my mouth, "but we're going to tell a story about obsession?" Hyori looks at me, "isn't that what the lyrics are about?" I sigh, "I mean I suppose songs and art aren't unambiguous but I thought the song was more about betrayal." "Hm," she falls into thought. "Do you agree?" She asked around. But the most common response was a shrug of shoulders. "But it's a bit of both," Mirae tries to come help, "I mean doesn't the boy who drags the girl away from her doll betray her in a way? Even if she is obsessed?"