Chapter 88 - Pendant

Comincia dall'inizio

But anyway, it made her very tired. And when the armaments review was over, Y/N didn't feel better. She felt only fatigue, physical and emotional. Work seemed to be getting less. After the armaments review, she went to the factories to receive new generators for the power plant. There she spent several days, sorting out the equipment, organizing delivery to the capital. After returning to the capital, she spent two days without sleep, just working in the Underground City.

Fatigue just consumed her. She just wanted to take a break from everything and everyone that surrounded her. She came home after work, it was already evening outside the window, the sun had almost set, her apartment was filled with the warm light of sunset. It was Thursday evening, tomorrow she had to go to work again... but she didn't want to. She wanted to lock herself up for a week in her apartment, take baths, read, cook, and not go out and spend time alone. Or with Armin. She missed him very much. They saw each other at work, but it was brief moments. He was busy, she was busy.

She took off her jacket, and, having made tea, plopped down on the sofa with a book. She didn't even have the energy to take a bath.

***

Armin left work when the sun was already very close to the horizon. At the end of September, Eldians from the mainland arrived on the island, with whom they worked while living in Marley. There was even more work. He spent a lot of time in meetings, and besides that, he had other problems - intelligence on the mainland was finally starting to bring some information, as well as questions with new cadets, interactions with the royal council, and so on and so forth...

He was tired. Not only because of work, but also because of the thoughts in his head. He didn't sleep well, falling asleep painfully every night. He cared about his job, but most of all he cared about his relationships. For the last month, it seemed to him that he had no relationship at all. He didn't blame Y/N for it, he didn't blame himself for it. He understood that such was their life. Their work was significant for the whole island, but... he increasingly asked himself the question - why does he need this work if it doesn't bring him happiness, why does he need all this if he has no one to share his life with... he missed her, but at the same time this, anxiety, sadness swarm in his soul... and some kind of aggression. He was by nature not some kind of evil, aggressive... but he couldn't get rid of these emotions.

Every day, coming home from work, he felt tired from work. He didn't sleep well and didn't have time to rest. On weekends, he spent time in the palace, since most often it was on weekends that meetings of the royal council were held on Eldian matters. Historia did this especially for Armin, as she understood that on weekdays he already had a lot of tasks and thing to worry about. Yes, on the one hand, it did make Armin's already busy days a little easier, but... he would rather have a few too busy days in the week, and at least one completely free day to spend it with his beloved girl. Y/N would definitely help him rest. He would be able to sleep peacefully, knowing that she was next to him, knowing that it was her arms around him. He wanted to hug her. He wanted to kiss her. He wanted her to just be there. Next to him, and not with anyone else.

Tomorrow he had to go to work again... But he didn't care. He hadn't been near her normally for over a month. He missed her. He wanted his worries to go away. His feet led him to her.

-Knock Knock-

Y/N wasn't waiting for anyone. She rose lazily from the couch, sighing heavily.

- Hello.

Y/N opened the door. A soft, slight smile appeared on her face when she saw him.

- Hello.

Armin walked in and immediately put his arms around her, wrapping his arms around her waist, nuzzling her neck.