Scene: Hallway. Luka tries to search for Adrien.

Chloé: Oh no!
(Luka runs over to the sound of Chloé's voice. He arrives at the classroom, only to see classmates crowded around Chloé, who's holding her phone and crying while Sabrina attempts to comfort her.)
Chloé: This is a terrible tragedy! (crying)
Luka: What's going on?
Chloé: Adrien's never coming back to school! Ever! Oh.. (continues crying)
Kim: His dad grounded him!
Max: For life.
Luka: What? Why?
Nino: Something about losing this major important book that belongs to his dad.
Luka: His dad?
Marinette: I know he's super strict, but surely we can fix this, right? We can't just stand by and let this happen!
(Meanwhile, Luka sneaks back out of the classroom)

Scene: Boys' bathroom. Luka enters a stall and lets Tikki out of his jacket.

Luka: So it wasn't Adrien's book. It was his father's!
Tikki: Except, according to Nino, Adrien did take the book without his father's permission. You realize, based on Master Fu's theory, Adrien's father could be Hawk Moth.
Luka: Hmm... that would make sense. An eccentric artist who never leaves his home. Mysterious, very intelligent, but cold, even with his own son. This is a very strong lead, Tikki!
Tikki: Please be careful, Luka!
Luka: I will.

[Transformation Sequence]

Luka: Tikki, spots on! (Luka transforms into Coccinelle.)

Scene: Rooftops. Coccinelle flings his yo-yo and flies above the school roof until he reaches a certain spot, where he attempts to call Chat Noir.

Chat Noir: (voicemail) Has the cat got your tongue? Leave a message!
Coccinelle: Chat Noir, I think I know who Hawk Moth is! Get your whiskers over here fast!

Scene: Gabriel's atelier. Gabriel is looking at the Klimt-style painting of his wife, with Nathalie talking to him.

Nathalie: What will you do without the book?
(Gabriel opens a blank notebook then closes it before handing it to Nathalie.)
Gabriel: You know where this goes.
(Gabriel storms around while Nathalie walks toward the painting. Gabriel grabs a picture of Adrien off the wall and throws it on the floor, followed by a second picture of Adrien. He walks over to a small shelf in a cupboard, briefly looking at a drawing Adrien made when he was younger, before throwing that as well. He proceeds to smash other objects.)

Scene: Adrien's room. Adrien is listening to music and playing around with his Foosball table.

Plagg: Look on the bright side. Your father could've found out about me! It's a good thing we kwamis can never be filmed or photographed. Ah, those photographers have no idea what they're missing!
Adrien: I've gotta find that book, or I'll never be allowed to return to school.
Plagg: Return to school?! Are you crazy?! No more homework, no more alarm clocks! We should be celebrating! Hey, I know! (He flies off, only to return carrying a huge jar of Camembert) I named this piece El Plaggo. It's been maturing for nine hundred and ninety-nine days!
(Adrien hears objects being broken and runs out of his room, with his bodyguard following close behind)
Adrien: What was that?!
(Adrien and his bodyguard run downstairs, only to be greeted by Nathalie guarding the door to Gabriel's atelier)
Nathalie: Your father is very busy.
(Gabriel is continuing to smash things to pieces inside his atelier in displeasure. He throws a mannequin on the floor, breaking it in two. He then breaks another mannequin before heading over to something else. No more breaking is heard.)
Nathalie: Shouldn't Adrien be practicing his piano right now?
(Adrien's bodyguard nods and looks briefly at Adrien before escorting him upstairs. Nathalie watches silently as Adrien looks back sadly)

Scene: Hawk Moth's lair. His lair window opens.

Hawk Moth: I feel... the wrath of a father betrayed by his son. What perfect prey for my akuma! (A butterfly flies into his open palm and he then transforms it into an akuma.) Stay close, my little akuma!
(The akuma flies towards the window, but then stops and hovers at the opening.)
Hawk Moth: Dark wings, fall! (He detransforms, and Nooroo comes out of the Miraculous, facing the all-too-familiar man)
Nooroo: Uh, why is the akuma still here?
(The view faces the man, who takes off his tie, revealing the Butterfly Miraculous under it, and showing that Hawk Moth is Gabriel Agreste.)
Gabriel: I must become someone else to lead them astray.
Nooroo: I don't understand, Master.
Gabriel: Nooroo, I renounce you... (He takes off the Butterfly Miraculous, causing Nooroo to get sucked into it; then puts the Miraculous into a small box) ...temporarily. (A spotlight shines on his empty replacement notebook. Gabriel walks over and grabs it. He then opens it) Come to me, my little akuma, and evilize me!
(The akuma flies into Gabriel's notebook, transforming him.)
The Collector: I am now... the Collector! My book of inspiration has been taken from me, so I shall build a new one! And perhaps pick up a Miraculous or two while I'm at it! (laughs evilly)