fifty two

ughhh i had this chapter written already but it somehow went missing in my drafts, meaning i have to rewrite it 😭😭 i really HATE wattpad sometimes.

Louis Tomlinson
"H-Hi..." I see her buried under her bed sheets, her eyes a bright red and her cheeks were stained with tears. She looks at me and swallows. I remember when she used to smile when she saw me.

"If you're here about Harry, I'm going to ignore you. I don't want to hear them."

"I think you should hear this." I say.

"Why should I? He's an asshole, he used me to look after his kid, and be his girlfriend because he simply couldn't find anyone else." She snaps lies. "I just can't believe I fell for it..." She sounded like she was going to cry.

"Salem..." I say softly. "Harry did nothing to you."

She rolls her eyes. "I'm not going to listen to you, Louis. Harry's probably sad I'm not there to look after his kid."

"You should listen to yourself, Salem." I cross my arms. "Harry's my best mate, he would never do that to you."

"Well...I thought I knew him too."

"It was me, for god sakes."

She looks at me. "What?"

I huff. "It was the meeting yesterday, he was taking notes and I saw him texting but I couldn't see who or what about and when I asked what's wrong, he said you were driving him insane."

"I had just sent him a nude?" She says with a tone, like I was stupid and she was pissed off.

"Well, clearly I didn't know that. And the way he said it, I didn't want him to get hurt by you like he did with Hayley, so I looked up your work and called in, pretending to be Harry."

"Why should I believe you? You could be covering for him."

"Because Harry is so in love with you. I know he wouldn't."

"I don't care. I don't want to hear his name anymore."

"Salem..." I shake my head. "I have proof it was me." I take my phone out and open it, opening the phone app and moving to my recently called. "Look."

She rolls her eyes but looks at the list. I had called Harry a few times, my mom, my sister and Briana, and of course, her work.

She states at it. "You called?"

"Yes!" I nod, finally getting somewhere. "And I did not know you were going to lose your job, or that you guys would break up. I regret it 'cause I was so blind to see it, I broke my best friends heart without realising. And I'm sorry. He wants to fix it, but he's giving you peace, he didn't want me to fix it with you but I can't just let me be the reason you guys broke up."

She starts crying again, but soft sniffles. "We aren't good together..."

"That's not what he or I think." I shake my head and she looks at me. "He loves you, Salem. And Darcy does too. She's spiralling too. Harry's sending her to
school."

She blinks as I fill her in. "I think Darcy sees you as her mom than her real mom, because you've been there for her more than her mom. I'm not saying this to convince you to get back with him, this is me telling you how much of an impact you've made on the two of them."

She wipes her eyes. "I'm so sorry I did this, I didn't know it was going to turn out like this. I wouldn't have done it. I shouldn't have done it." I shake my head.

"I think Harry is one of the best boyfriends I've ever had..." She whispers. "I didn't want to end things, but even if he didn't do anything to affect our relationship, it's still not something we should continue. I'm not Darcy's mom, and I can't have a future
with Harry. I'm simply too young for everything."

I understand what she's saying. "Are you saying I should tell Harry that?"

She shrugs. "I dunno. I think I need to see Harry before I let him go fully." She drops her head. I feel my stomach drop. "He should be with someone he can have a future with."

"Future...meaning—"

"Children, marriage, yes." She nods. "Let's say, theoretically, Harry and I have a child when he's thirty one, I'm only twenty. And then if we wanna get married when I'm twenty six, he'll be thirty eight. I didn't see it before hit I think our age gap is just...slightly too big. I just can't do that to him."

I nod. "Should I tell Harry to expect you one day during the week?"

She nods and shrugs softly. "I guess so. I did close to early, I didn't let him explain himself."

I nod. "I'm sorry Salem...I'm gonna regret this all day, everyday."

She just nods. I frown and leave her room, closing this door. I see Heather walk out from the bathroom. "Thanks for letting me see her."

She just nods, and I show myself out. I left Briana at Harry's, so I have to go get her, and tell Harry to expect Salem soon.

When I got to Harry's, I walk in and he was still sitting in the couch, Darcy next to him, leaning into him watching My Little Pony. "Hi." I say as if walk in.

"How did it go?" He asks.

"She refused at the start." I see his whole face change. "However, I got her to listen, and she's going to come over during the week."

His eyes light up. "Really?"

"Not to get back with you."

"Still. I get to see her?"

"I think it'll be your last...." I say softly and he softens. He looks down at his lap.

"Oh...right. Okay...I look forward to it." He murmurs, and Darcy looks at him and he looks at her.

"School?"

He nods softly and she looks sad suddenly. She rests her head on his shoulder, hugging his arm. "I tried." I say and he looks at me.

"Even though I asked you not too. So thank you." He smiles softly.

"You were giving up way too easily. Just be prepared for the week. Ok?"

He nods softly.

I look at Briana who squeezes my hand, like she's thankful for what I did, even though Harry tried to tell me to forget it.

//
the end of Halem 😭😭😭😭

i'm so close to finishing this book 💁‍♀️💁‍♀️