forty nine

sooo close to finishing this book thank GOD🙏

Louis Tomlinson
"Louis, what is this number?" She asks, looking our paper phone bill, for god sakes, she likes the paper stuff instead of it online. I look at the number and my stomach drops.

Salems work.

"Oh.." I stutter. "I dunno, it called me so I called it back."

"It's a business number, they won't just call you. You must have called them."

"But I didn't." I lie. If Briana finds out I called Salems work about something so serious, she would absolutely go nuts at me, and because she's pregnant, all her emotions are higher, and she gets mad easier.

"Louis.." She gives me a look, and it makes me show the guilt I have. "What did you do?"

"Nothing!" I lie.

"Just tell me." She says.

"Tell you what?"

"What number is this? It isn't your work either, so don't try to tell me that." She raises her brows. I swallow but so don't answer. "Louis, what did you do?" She was now adding a tone to her voice.

I sigh softly. "I called Salems work.."

She stares at me. "About what?" She snaps.

"Harry and her."

Her eyes widen. "You what!"

"We were in a meeting yesterday, and Salem was messaging him, and he said to me that Salem was driving him insane, and I knew he was giving him a hard time, and I didn't want him to get hurt like he did with his ex, so to fix it—"

"You dobbed on them to her work." She works out. "Louis, what have you done?" She says. "Do you know for real she was giving him a hard time? Or doing something bad to him?"

I swallow and shake my head. "No...but he sounded like he was..annoyed." I murmur quietly.

"How did he say it?"

"Salem's driving me insane." I whine, mimicking Harry.

"That could mean anything!" she throws her hand out, letting it slap on her thigh.

"Exactly, it might mean she's controlling him, or pestering him." I shrug, I didn't actually know.

"There's only one way to find out." She shakes her head, picking up her phone.

"Wait, Bree, what are you doing?" I panic as she raises her phone to her ear.

"Hello?" She says and I could only just hear what the other person was saying, and she's calling Harry.

"Hi, Bree." I could hear the hurt in his voice and it doesn't make me feel any better.

"Hi.." Her whole face changes. "Are you okay?"

"Right now..no. Salem broke up with me."

My heart sank, and I could feel my body being taken over by guilt. I gulped.

"She thinks I called her work and told them we're dating. But I never did that, and I told her that."

Briana gives me an angry look and I bit my lip sadly. "Oh Harry...I'm so sorry, hun."

"I tried to tell her I would never do that, and I offered to show her my recent calls, but she just left before I could do anything."

"I'm so sorry Harry.." She shakes her head, and slaps my shoulder really hard but I don't have a reaction to it. "We'll come see you, is that okay?"

"Yeah...sure, if you want."

"We'll be there soon, okay? Stay strong Haz."

"Thanks Bree, I'll see you soon."

She frowns and hangs up. She stands up. "Louis William!"

I look up at her. I know she's mad at me, because she used my middle name too. I'm mad at me too. "Salem broke up with Harry!"

I felt like crying. But I'm not the victim.

"I didn't know it was going to end like that.." I say softly.

"You need to tell him it was you. And then you need to tell Salem." She says.

"I will...But how do I do it?"

"You need to tell him it was you." She repeats. "You've clearly broken them up."

I frown.

I really didn't know how was going to end like this, I felt like a complete asshole. I felt like I just ruined his life, and her life. And I don't actually know if what I thought was happening, actually happened.

"Okay...I will." I nod.

"You better, Louis. God, what were you thinking?"

"I didn't want him to get hurt, I thought it was the right thing!" I defend.

"Well, you were wrong!" She says. She sighs and rubs her eyes. "You need to think about what you're going to say, and then we're going to go, and you're gonna tell him, and try to fix it, or at least get Salem to think it wasn't Harry."

"Okay." I nod. I think I've also ruined my trust with Harry too.

Look at this mess I have made. And I'm hating myself so much right now.

//
short chapter , but we know who it was!!!