forty two

Harry Styles
"Harry." I hear my name, making me look up from my desk, ready to get the fuck out of here and go see Salem. "You have time to talk?"

"Erm.." I look at the clock, 5:54. "Yeah." I nod and he nods too.

"I'll make it quick." He says and takes a seat on the edge of my desk, leaning against it. "We all had a vote as to who we think was the most hard working person, remember?"

I furrow my brows. "Of course I do."

"Harry...you were voted the most hard working."

I widen my eyes. "Really?"

"Yes. You're getting a pay rise and a promotion."

I almost just out of my seat, but I just shuffle to the edge of the chair. "Your kidding!" I grin.

"Congratulations. You deserve this." He says and I felt like crying.

"Thank you!" I smile.

"It's well deserved. You're here, you're always willing to stay back, even if you have a daughter, it's just a way of saying thank you for all your hard work."

"Thank you, you have no idea how grateful I am."

"No worries." He smiles. "You can finish up now and you can leave."

"Thank you."

He nods.

I finish up and get all my things, signing out. I walk to my car and I drive home. I have no words, I'm truly in shock.

When I get home, I walk in, Salem was wiping down the table, and the whole house was much cleaner. "Babe." I say, throwing my stuff on the couch, and she looks up with wide eyes. "You'll never guess what happened."

"Shh." She scolds, walking up to me. I grab her hips tightly and pull her into me. "What's up? You're buzzing."

"I got a pay rise and a promotion at work today."

Her eyes widen. "What!" She whisper shouts and I nod continuously. "You're kidding!"

"No!" I grin and she grins back.

"Oh my good, that's great news! Congratulations."

"I'm lost for words." I smile.

"I'm so happy for you." She wraps her arms around my neck. "Seriously, you deserve it."

"Do I?"

"Are you serious? 12 hour days? 5 days a week? Yes you do!" She exclaimed in a whisper shout.

I smile. She then leans into me, to hug me and I wrap my arms around her tightly, I could smell her perfume and it made my mouth water. "I'm so proud." She whispers, kissing my
head.

"Thank you." I blush again. I pull away and my hands now rest in her lower back, she got changed into my clothes, because she was in jean overalls and a pink long sleeve shirt, now she was in my black joggers, and the same pink shirt.

"We'll I think we need to celebrate. It's not everyday you get promoted." She grins.

"Oh yeah? What do you have in mind?"

She smirks and looks down again. "I know." She says. "Follow me." She takes my hand, and walks backwards down the hall, making me smirk too. She opens the door to the bedroom and I see the bed had been made and the room was tidy.

"You cleaned up." I pout.

"Yeah, I did. You're a messy boy."

"I don't have time to clean up." I shrug.