one

Salem Woods
"Thank you for coming here." The deep rugged voice of a man standing before me, standing out the way so I could walk in.

"Thank you for considering me." I reply in a high-pitched voice, so he knows I was trying to get this position.

"No problem, your application was great." He smiles and walks over to the table. He sits down and I sit down too, his house being quiet big and grand. "So..You're name is? Just remind me..."

"Salem."

"Unique. Never heard someone called that. It's pretty. What does it mean?"

"Peaceful." I answer.

"That's so smart." He smiles and he's one of those guys that have an adorable smile with dimples.  "Do you have any experience with kids at all in anyway?"

"Yes. I did a childcare course and I just finished one." I nod with a soft smile.

"What times are you available?" He asks, his complexion was so neat. His eyes were gorgeous, such a deep green and I could honestly get lost in them, to the point where I clear my throat and answer.

"7am to whatever time, I'm available whenever."

He nods. "Are you still in school?"

"I finished year 11, and got my certificate three in childcare. Looking after children is all I've ever wanted to do."

He smiles. "Well that's great. I see potential in you."

"You have a child?"

"Correct. Darcy, is my daughter and she's six." He nods, running a hand through his hair. I watch as his soft hair stays back before a strand falls on his forehead.

"Is she here?"

"Not today. She's with her mom. Would you like to meet her before I hire you?"

My eyes light up. "You're hiring me?"

"You've got what it takes." He nods.

"I can handle any situation, I won't let you down." I grin.

"I hope not." He stands up and I do too. "When can you start?"

"Whenever you need me." I say, no hesitation.

"Tomorrow?" He asks. "9am to 6pm?"

"Of course."

He nods with a smile and writes something on the paper. "Here's my address, and my number will be in the fridge when you start."

"Perfect. Thank you so much, Mr. Styles."

He chuckles. "Harrys fine,"

"Okay...thank you, Harry."

"Of course. I'll see you tomorrow."

I nod and smile as he walks me to the front door and I smile.

I've been living with my best friend Heather since we were old enough to move out by ourselves. I've been at school studying childcare and children so I can become a childcare worker as soon as I can. But to gain my tuition money, I started to look around for people that want a babysitter during the day, and over night if they need it.

And I haven't actually been hired I've been interviewed but I didn't like the people, but Harry just seems...trustworthy. He has a nice house, and I'm not sure if he's married, or if he's a single father but I'm sure his daughter, Darcy, is a sweetheart.

I was actually excited to get started with this job, because I can finally put my working with kids to the test. And I want to meet his daughter, I think it'd be good, for me to get started with an easy job.

//
short chapter but i'm excited to write this book <3