eight

Salem Woods
I lay back down with my head on his knee, and he looks down at me. "You okay?" He asks and I just whine. His hands then start brushing my hair back, and I feel his fingertips grazing my sensitive scalp.

"I guess.." I shrug. "I just...I just can't believe I let myself get so drunk I slept with my ex again." I shake my head softly. He lifts up my head and puts it on his thigh which makes my head feel a lot more comfortable, and a bit of relief.

"Is this okay?" He asks, once he notices I go quiet and I nod. His hands grab small parts of my hair near my temples. "Did you sleep most of the day?"

"Not all, I got Darcy food and stuff but yes I was laying down for most of it."

"I put a blanket over you." He starts to gently pull on my hair which makes me smile in relief.

"Thank you." I add. "Can I ask you something?"

"Sure.." He focuses on my neck. "Fuck me, these look bad." He then turned my head.

"I know, they hurt but I didn't remember getting them."

"Alcohol will do that to you." He adds. "Anyway, what did you wanna say?"

"What's Darcy's moms name?"

"Hayley, why?"

"I dunno, I wanna know more about you guys?"

"Why?" He chuckles. "Literally nothing good about us." He rasps.

"I don't believe that." I shake my head. "How did she get pregnant?"

"We didn't use a condom. I tried to pull out and I did but it wasn't quick enough and we both knew we fucked up because if we waited another twenty minutes to make it home, Darcy wouldn't be here."

"Darcy was made in your car?"

"Yup." He nods. "On the side of the road on New Year's eve."

"Oh my goodness." I shook my head again. "Really?"

"Mhmm." He hums. "And Hayley didn't know she was pregnant until early March of that year."

"We're you together throughout her pregnancy?"

"Yeah." He says. "We were together until we just...lost interest in each other a year after she was born and she broke up with me, and let's Darcy live with me, and she goes to see Hayley when she messages me, other than that, we don't talk whatsoever."

"Did she care she was pregnant?"

"Not really, she and I knew we risked it, and we were surprised that she was pregnant, but I kinda suspected she was. But her parents absolutely hated me, even before she got pregnant."

"Why?"

"Because, when I was your age. I took her virginity and she was in one of those families that had to be married to have sex but they weren't christian, and they found out about that and hated me, but hated me even more for getting her pregnant."

"Why didn't she say it was her fault too?"

"Because she didn't want the blame, she said I was easier to blame." He shrugs, now pressing into and rubbing my temples and I just watched him focus on my hair, playing with it in his other hand.

"Are you serious?"

"I wish I was joking." He looks at me. "And that just made me feel like shit, so I avoided having sex with her even though she was my girlfriend and pregnant."

"Wow..That's crazy."

"Anyway, I don't want to talk about Hayley anymore."

"Okay, who was the last person you had sex with?"

He stopped and looked lost in thought. "Does going down on someone count?"

"No."

"I actually don't know and hear me out." He says quickly. "I get dates all the time, that's the easy part but telling them I have a six year old daughter makes them cringe and sneak away so I'm just left there."

"Does it happen to all girls?"

"Yes. Girls anywhere don't like how I have a kid." He relaxes his arms and I sit up, facing him and curling my legs under me as he slouches a little.

"Thanks for helping. And that's terrible how people don't give you a chance."

He then shrugs. "It's been a while." He adds. I fold my lips in a line and cover my neck when I see him looking again. "They're pretty bad.." He says and I sigh.

"I don't even remember what happened." I shake my head, and look down at my knees.

"Maybe it's a good thing?"

"I think it is, he'd say different.." I pick my phone up and I see messages from him.

Kade: hey...i had a really good time the other night, and i'm kinda upset how you ran out on me. is it something i did wrong?

I roll my eyes and put my phone next to me. "What a loser." I sigh.

He takes a sip of his drink. "Here's to shitty exes." He toasts to himself and I laugh before I groan softly.

"Is your head better?"

"A little. You did it well."

"I learnt from the best." He smiles. We both look at each other, and smile, and I have to look down. When I feel hair being tucked behind my ear, I look up and see Harry then cup my jaw with one hand.

I flick my eyes over him softly, and then when he leans in, I widen them but I also lean in, before our lips press together. His lips were soft, like..soft. They were plump and I have kissed him before but damn.

We pull away and he smiles and I do too. We realise what we did and how much we wanted more of each other, so we lean back in and I shuffle closer to him.

Our lips start to move against each other, our lips smacking softly. He was such a good kisser, he was so gentle and almost loving with the way he kisses.

I didn't want to stop.

//
😃👍