CHAPTER 30

"Hurting someone who's incapable of protecting themselves is cowardice, miss," he utter with his usual arctic voice utter that never failed to chills down my spine. 

"K-Kruel. . ." murmurs by red wolf. She stands up and turn back into a human. "It's been a long time. I know you'll come to see me, my love. I longed to see you." She step close to my mate and was about to touch his face.

But he caught her throat. "I'm not here for another imbecility, Aira. I'm here to take back what's mine. I'm here to take back my mate."

A mix of emotion washes over me. I don't know what to feel. This is absurd. No way she could be one of his exes, and no way I should feel jealous of calling him 'her love' when I will be the next one choked by him. And I shouldn't feel the pleasure of seeing his muscles move from here. He's not protecting me. Yes! He's not. 

He's with his usual white shirt and a black pants, and I want to get the rid of what he's wearing. I'm missing the sight of him naked.

"Intruder!" someone from the crowd yells, follows but a guy with cowboy attire break his neck. 

The cowboy then twist the both arms from the next attacker to another at a time.

He removes his hat and reveal himself with a smirk. Gin wink at me.

Everyone scatters in panic. And I, as a known target of this attack, mixes up with the crowd of people in the exit. 

My mind is too occupied by processing how they went here, while my heart racing like a wild stallion trying to push people who block my way out. 

I can't face him. No! I'll be dead if he catches me. I'm way too weak to defend myself. I need more trainings to take. . . Or holy waters.

Holy water.

Holy. . .

Crap! Why I didn't think of that? Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.

The situation left me no alternative choice but to go to the secret path that exclusively for us and vanish.

That's it, it's almost there. Just a few more steps to go. 

I am about to pull the door's lever as someone grabs my arm and leads me to the opposite part or dark alley.

Staring at his hands, up to his physique. My heart hammers three times faster than usual.

"Hey, hey, hey! Let me go, douchebag! I'm not coming with you! I swear, if they'll find us out, you're a dead man." I cry while hitting him.

"I'm already dead," he growls. 

"Holy crap, like, seriously? Even if I ask you to at least slow down? Remember that scene from 'Beauty and the Beast' when Belle asks the Beast to let her go, and he dramatically releases her? Yeah, I'm thinking we could recreate that magical moment right now. So, be my Beast, unleash your inner prince, and set me free to find my talking teacup friends. We all have dreams, you know?"

My back suddenly hit the wall follows by his lips crashes against mine. His hands cover my cheeks. Thumbs brushes against my face. His hard as metal body press against mine, and it makes the kiss so passionate, quite aggressive, and freaking hot. 

It feels so right when I know it is all wrong. I unconsciously close my eyes and let my tears fall.

I still love him. 

His warm lips travel down my jaw, falls down to me neck, adding pleasure in our flames of desire. 

A soft moan escape my lips and pulls him closer. "Kruel. . ."