CHAPTER 15

“Well, dream on.”

Three words, yet it made my grin fall down like a bird that was hit by a rock. With a face flushed in embarrassment, I dropped my stare at the red wine. I mixed it a bit while raising an eyebrow to make myself look less affected.

Until my eye caught the slice on my thumb and index nails.

I froze as a vivid memory sideswiped my mind. It started with how I cut these nails just to free myself from Ethan. I could still remember how the female voice from my illusion spoke to me, so I brought my focus back to untying the rope.

Those were not just a dream.

Someone changed the table’s topic that I can’t comprehend. My entire thoughts are now flying. It flew away until it landed on the creep, the Kumo fighter, Ethan, and the other traitors. I can recall all of them, especially how Kruel saved me. How he brought himself into danger just for my sake.

The cut in my throat, the pleading, the confessions. Oh god, impossible! But it was all happened! It was real!

I turned my eyes towards the alpha, who’s talking to the only female guest. My breath stuck in my throat. I caught a small smile curved on his lips as the whole table roared their laughter with Crandrea’s joke.

Kruel’s mismatched eyes turned to mine as our eyes locked.

I avoided his gaze. “E-Excuse me.” I left the table before letting them see me breaking down. I run upstairs without looking back. Tears are now falling on my cheeks even if I tried my best to gulp it.

I reached my room and locked it. Leaning my back against the door as I fell myself on the floor with a series of sobs.

I turned my eyes towards the alpha, who’s talking to the only female guest. My breath stuck in my throat. I caught a small smile curved on his lips as the whole table roared their laughter with Crandrea’s joke.

He smiled at her joke. He never gave that kind of smile to me. He never. The sight is like a freshly sharpen daggers that was shoved in my chest.

Kruel’s mismatched eyes turned to mine as our eyes locked. The coldness of his gaze returned.

I avoided his gaze. “E-Excuse me,” I murmured.

I stood up and left the table before letting them see me breaking down.

I run upstairs without looking back, without looking at anyone I met on the way.

Uncontrollable tears are now falling on my cheeks even if I tried my best to gulp it.

It feels so heavy. It feels like hell! Why he’s always so confusing? Why does he need to lie to me about that? And why the fvck I made it a big deal? Why do I become like this? Why can’t I understand myself now, either? What the hell is wrong with me and I end up like this? Can this end?

Once I reached my room, I dropped myself on the bed by my stomach. Burying my face on the pillow as uncontrollable sobs escaped my mouth.

I went to the throne hall once I composed myself. Gin and the other men helped me replace the ceiling to its original face while I clean the marble floor with a noisy vacuum cleaner.

Gin and I barely talk. He maybe feels me not in the mood to talk to anyone.

Another sigh escaped my nose as my thought landed on the Kruel and Crandrea for nth time.

I really have to talk to him about what happened. At least, about how real it is and how I quickly healed myself. I want to make things clear.

“I was thinking.” I’m taking back what I said. Gin suddenly spoke beside me.