CHAPTER 13

An enormous leap of joy blasted inside my stomach as a pair of mismatched blue and gray eyes met mine. Even though my mate is in his wolf form, it stays in an arctic as usual. Cutting our eye contact as he turned his head to the Kumo fighter, and lastly, towards Ethan.

His cold aura suddenly shifts into fury. It reminds me of the first time we met. He’s enraged with a lifting mouth, ready to gnaw at his enemy anytime.

“Traitor.” He jumped towards Ethan. And clawed his face.

Ethan growled and knit the alpha in returned. If you were thinking werewolf fights are just the same fights as dogs, you were mistaken. I can’t see any sign of dogs fighting here, because what I was seeing right now is a real fight with monsters. Especially when an enormous red wolf joined the rumble. The fight was two versus one, but the way Kruel fought never failed to amaze me.

He’s truly an expert when it comes to fighting. Ethan should choose his enemy sometime.

The fight had become wilder and wilder until Kumo fighter’s eyes hit mine.

Oh no. This is not a good sign.

Running towards the exit is the safest choice, so I did. Brisking on the hallway with a mere soles touches the cold ground as I came out.

I know there will be some warriors can appear here to help me, and I am not mistaken. A familiar man with a red suit caught my eye.

“Hey, you! Help!” I screamed on top of my lungs, as his head snapped towards me. I continue running despite even my body was about to give up until I finally reached him. I held my knees to support myself from collapsing. My breath was heavy, lifting and falling from my chest. I noticed another couple warrior who appears on the back of the first man. “Help me . . . K-Kruel’s been fighting against the two!” I breathed.

One of them rose an eyebrow. I held up the sleeve of his suit and clenched it. “Do you hear me? Your alpha is in danger, and I am in danger! Call the others for help!”

He turned to face his one companion. They traded looks as if they’re having a telepathic conversation.

Okay? Is that how he reacts? Trading gazes instead of running to kill the spotted enemies?

They nodded to each other and suddenly held my arms.

“W-What the heck are you doing?” I asked with a wide eyes.

One of them grinned at me. “Let’s just say we hate following his codes,” he confessed.

My jaw parted, but no words came out. Fear rushed through my vein, got my eyes form into tears.

This is what Ethan talked about. This is really happening.

“Move!” He pulled me by the arms, back to the room. My body went too tired to fight them. Too tired and I’m too hopeless.

As we reached back to the room, I saw the Kumo fighter bathing in his own blood on the floor. He’s lifeless.

I turned my eyes and found Kruel in human form, bathing with red liquids, cuts, and bruises. He was choking Ethan, who’s looked more beaten. I almost couldn’t recognize him.

Feeling a sharp object touched my neck, one of the men who in was holding me whistle.

Kruel’s head snapped to us and saw how he shifted his wide eyes from anger to fear.

“Let go of him, or I will cut her throat.” His claw pressed into my skin. Heart was hammering beside my ears. I swallow the lump in my throat.

Tears are now flowing on my cheeks in terror. I can’t barely talk. Mixtures of fear, worry, and exhaustion were now circulating through me. I don’t know what to do.