CHAPTER 26

We drive along the dark and narrow road that we couldn’t pass without creating a weird noise of the car’s friction against the tree.

“You know what? I still don’t get it. Why is it hard for you let me at least know them? And I’m starting to think my biological parents are Fiona and Shrek-like creature. Like you know, ogres, an ugly creature who lived in the forest, with a green teeth and green faces, has a weird ears and a big nose, and bathing in a disgusting lake of bull shits—and yeah, crap. Just forget everything I said. I’m just freaking nervous about meeting them. And also frustrated because craaaap! I crying over him every night to midnight just because I missed him and still freaking love him, but I didn’t at least lick his neck before living him there--but nevermind, forget the whole thing.” I throw my stare outside the window.

“I warn you, princess,” dad utters. “Stay away from him.”

My eyebrows raise and glance at him. “Whom?” I blink.

“You know who I was talking about. Stay away from the Alpha of Austerei before you’ll make everything worse.” He glance at me over the rear mirror.

My lips parts open and close it again. I throw my eyes on the road. “Oh, I-I don’t get it. W-Why is everyone wants to take me away from him?” I turn my eyes to him once again. “And how the crap did you know he’s an Alpha?”

“Because I know them, from his features, to their names, to their deeds. I witnessed all of it.”

Bewilderment shatters through my veins.

What the freaking hell?

Dad spokes in tenderness, but his seriousness is giving me goosebumps.

“Deeds,” I echo. “Is it good or bad deeds?” I clarify.

“Austerei in commands are the main reason why you separated from your pack, princess.”

My worlds seems to crash with his indirect answer.

“I. . .” My voice begins to shaky. “I-I don’t understand. Oh god. How’s it happen?”

He shakes his head and let out a sigh. His muscle twitches as he severely grips the steering wheel. “I can only control one matter at the same time, princess. I can’t control the car while controlling my emotions. You’ll find it out once we reach there,” he answers while eyes are glaring at the road.

I bite my lower lip and stare down at my lap. “Okay.”

Then, there is silence, but my mind is never been silent.

Hundreds of questions run floats around my head. I don’t know which to ask first when I get there.

‘Austerei in commands are the reason why you separated from your pack, princess,’ those word zooms around my head.

Does it mean I’m supposed to live inside the pack too? Does it mean. . . I’m. . .

Oh my god!

Holy crap.

Impossible!

I spent my hours of agonizing ride spacing out on the window. I haven’t notice I fell asleep in an uncomfortable posture.

A gentle shake on my shoulder wakes my conscious, follows by a voice.

“My princess, wake up.”

My eyelids slowly bat eyes open, directing my eyes toward the person who woke me up.

“D-Dad.” I gasp. Roaming my eyes around as I notice the daylight peeking in the car’s window. “Oh, it’s day already,” I remark with a yawn and stretch.