CHAPTER 24

Wasted people everywhere, lifting their arms in the air in between deafening beats of music. While I, sitting on the counter section, also wasted, and blabbering nonsense with blurry feature of bartender.

“Uh-huh?” My eyes didn’t work well because of alcohols, but I imagine him cocks an eyebrow like he always did earlier. I continue.

“Those carnivorous monsters. I supposed to hunt them, but their gorgeous alpha caught my heart by just locking my eyes on his--“ I hiccup “--no, scratch that. He kissed me, and I lost my mind after that. And I know I-I love him. I love him so much ‘til it feels so stupid. H-He’s wants to kill me and I still love him despite of that.” I laugh until I break into tears. Dropping my forehead on the counter table, my shoulders shake in sobs. “I missing him fvcking much. Damn him. Sober or drunk, he’s still running around my head!”

Tapping my bare back, he utters. “Cheer up. You can get over that movie soon once you are in sober.”

“I’m not talking about a movie!” I cry and shrug his hands away from me. “That was true to life story! Why everyone can’t believe what I was saying?! I even have a witch best friend! See that girl?” I point Alora. “She’s also a witch! She drove me home with her flying car that smokes green!”

The bartender snorts and roars his laughter while holding his stomach. My ears fumes like a kettle and I fold my arms across my chest. Once he stops laughing, he sigh and laugh again. I resist the urge to strangle him.

“Alright.” He brushes some tears from his eyes. Grin didn’t leave his face. “Take another shots to cool yourself down.”

He offers another shot of drinks that I forgot what the name was. I just take it before he turns his attention to the other customers. Gulping it straight until the sharp taste of liquid burns my throat to down to my stomach.

“Wow.” The floor sways and I hold myself from falling from the chair. I wince, it’s making me feel dizzy. “Bart, where can I find the restroom?”

“What?” He draw his ears near to me.

“Where the fvck can I find the restroom?” I repeated.

“Ah. Over there, to the right, and you can now see the comfort room in the left corner,” he points out. I can’t get which one is he talking about, but I still stand up and leaves to the direction he had pointed.

Bumping to people’s shouders, I meet on the way to the said restroom. I’m trying to balance myself despite of the spinning head. The music of the dancefloor lowers the further I was towards it.

I was about to turn to the right hallway, but for the nth time, I bump into someone’s chest so freaking hard. It makes me fall to my ass on the floor.

“Crap!” My head swirls even more tas I try to hold the floor to balance.

“Shit, sorry,” a familiar voice utters and help my to return on my feet. I raise my head to glare at him and he suddenly stiffens. “Wait. . . A-Aurora? Oh shit! It’s been a while!”

My glare falls into a creasing forehead, expressing puzzlement. “And. . . Who are you?”

His voice is familiar, but his face isn’t. Some of the strands of his blonde hair fall to his forehead hit by neon lights. He is swirling as well.

“There is no way you’ve forgotten me, baby.” I realize he’s still holding my waist as he lightly squeezes. “I missed you,” he murmurs as I push him away.

“I don’t know you, the crap out of my way, please.” I was about to walk past him, but he snatch my wrist and press my back against the wall.

“No, babe,” he whispers as he moves closer behind my ear. The hairs on the back of my neck straighten as his teeth brush against my earlobe. “I want you back.”

And a memory snaps in my head. This is Axel’s favourite line every after I caught him cheating with someone and after avoiding him. I can’t believe I forgave him that fast before. I had a stupid, gullible self back there who used to kneel on the floor just to have him.

“Let the crap go of me, Axel.” I try to push him away, but he’s too tall and way too powerful compare to my body who barely eats a few weeks ago.

He chuckles. “No, baby, let me fvck you once again, please. Just once.” It makes me feel nauseous.

“Alora is on the dance floor, go and ask her that. I’m sure she’s more interested in that idea.”

“No, I want you back.” A strong hand raises my chin and he moves his lips closer to my mouth. “I want you back in my bed baby--“

“Stop!” I burst and push him away. It catch him off guard and so am I. I made him get off me just by one push.

A nasty chuckle escapes his lips. “Too powerful for a drunk lady, eh?” He is about to kiss me as I avoid it.

“I’m not coming back, Axel. It’s over. Save that hormones for your next girl.”

He hissed and shakes his head. “I can fvck whoever I want, anyways.”

Another achievement for tonight is rejecting him, and my another failure is being incapable of stopping him from crashing his lips against mine.

I close my eyes shut. I want to punch my stupid self for wishing it was Kruel, kissing me right now. But I know he can’t be Kruel, he’s more than too far from being him.

Axel’s lips on mine make me wish it was Kruel, while Kruel kissing me makes me wish it is real. Axel’s lips are demanding in parting my lips to kiss him back, while Kruel in the other hand, made me part my lips and made me kiss him back without me noticing it, like I am an automatic and censored machine.

I grumble in protest and still trying to push him as his hand touch me chest and his lips move down in my throat.

“Fvck you, Axel.” I grit my teeth and he laughs while kissing my neck to my collarbone.

“I’m about to, babe,” he murmurs, crawling his hand up to my inner thigh. “Do you like it? Do you miss--ump!”

My eyes snaps open as I see Axel hit on the wall. He slowly shut his eyes and fall unconscious on the floor. I stun.

The hooded culprit growls and is still not satisfied with knocking him out in a mere one hit. He goes on top of the unconscious guy and repeatedly strikes his face like a predator attacking its prey.

I stare at them in terror, unable to process everything. The blood in my veins drains, and so as the alcohols on my system.

“Stop,” yells. “Oh god, I said stop!” I roar, and the culprit froze.

My wide eyes didn’t leave Axel’s. Swollen bruise and blood everywhere, I can hardly recognize him now. He looks severely beaten, more looks like dead.

I turn my gaze to the culprit with eyes of nothing but fright, and so did he. His eyes meet mine, and my breath hitch, my jaw parts. I feel my lips are now trembling.

It’s him. I know it is him. Shadow may cover its mismatched shade but I know that arctic stare by heart.