CHAPTER 7

He let out a moan as I pulled him by the nape to kiss him back. Biting my lower lip, he shoves his soft tongue inside. Stroking his dark hair, I bend to press my body more against him. His grip moved from my buttocks up to my back and pulled me tighter.

Our kiss deepened. Devouring every inch of our mouth in rhythm.

Despite of those days I haven’t applied my facial cream, I feel myself extremely stunning. Kruel just admitted he can’t survive being me without touching me.

I am that charming! I seduced him without break sweat. My plan worked, and it means I have a huge chance of escaping.

His lips felt f*cking good. It made me want to have more, do more, own him more, lick him more.

I hate to admit it, but kissing this guy is giving me a second thought. I feel like I don’t want to escape at all. I felt safe being caged by his arms. I seemed don’t want to let go of him after this.

We broke our kisses, panting for air. I wonder if he could also feel how my heart hammering as how I felt his thumping against me.

He leaned closer for an almost kiss as he stopped and sighed. “Let’s go home.”

No. A part of me wants to protest. Like, why do we need to go home if we can finish what we started here?

With a strong arms, he lifted me by the waist and effortlessly placed towards the passenger seat like a paper. My shoulders fell in disappointment. He leaned closer to me and my heart skipped a beat. I thought he changed his mind, but I suddenly heard a click came from my seatbelt.

Oh. I cleared my throat. "Right. L-Let's go home."

The engine rumbles and he accelerates the car.

He lifted me by the waist and effortlessly placed towards the passenger seat like a paper. My shoulders fell in disappointment. He leaned closer to me and my heart skipped a beat. I thought he changed his mind, but I suddenly heard a click came from my seatbelt.

Oh. I cleared my throat. “Right. L-Let’s go home.”

The engine rumbles and he accelerates the car.

No one dared to speak in the middle of the trip until we reached home. I then left and never showed himself after.

Placing my palms on my face, I was smiling like an idiot while taking my meal. Our kiss was repeatedly playing on my head like a broken plaque.

I’ve never been kissed properly before. Even my cheating boyfriend, Axel, did not. He kissed like a freaking vacuum cleaner, treating my lips like a dirt.

Oh god.

His kiss made me feel good.

“Having a good day?” My spoonful of salad stopped midway as Gin interrupted my drama. I’m getting used to his presence since Alpha instructed him to guard me.

I stared at my salad dreamingly and took a mouthful of it. “Hell, yeah. I think the alpha has a huge crush on me.”

He chuckled. “I can see that.” Closing the fridge behind me, he sat across the counter table with a can of beer in his hand. He suddenly tilted his head side-wise and narrowed his eyes at me. “You’re not sure?”

I bit my lower lip. “Um, yes. He kissed me and said how much he loathed me after. The nerve of that creature, the nerve.”

He snorted and shook his head in amusement. “That wild beast doesn’t want to be tamed.” He took a sip of his beer.

“Yeah, he is such a douchebag. He said hates me, but his action says otherwise.” I stabbed my salad. “That bastard was giving me mixed signals, but it’s okay, though. I loved mixed healthy veggies.” I giggled and took a morsel of lettuce.

“He clearly doesn’t want you.”

I stopped chewing my food and stared at him. “H-How’d you say so?”

“Kruel and I have been acquaintance since childhood. We are trained to be an excellent warrior together. He once been a good guy, a cheerful child since then. But. . . not until his parents died in the middle of the battle. It changes him, a lot. The death of Alpha James and Luna Savini changed made him into a beast. He almost killed a child during one on one combat, forgotten he's in the middle of the training. Beta sent him to gladiatorial school after that incident. We all knows how the life inside that school, but he didn't protest.  He came back after years, colder and ruthless than the last time we met. He returned to replace his father, the former alpha. Avoiding to get attached to anyone including his grandfather that used to be his closest. Kruel doesn’t want anyone to break his shell. . . He doesn’t want you. . .” I stared at him and finding some glimpse of a joke on his face, but I failed. He didn’t even blink nor wrinkle the side of his eyes into a smile. “. . . But.” He trailed off.

“But?”

“But the alpha needs you. I can sense it is you. You must keep breaking his shell.”

My forehead creased. “What for? To make his life more wretched?” I don’t think so. “Do I need to get a hammer to break that stupid shell of his?”

Gin laughed. He returned to his old sunny self again. “Rich girl. It’s up to you, and I wish you good luck with that.”

“No worries. I am not Aurora Crimson for nothing.” I grinned. Let me seduce and destroy him. I raised my fork with salad. “A toast?”

“Toast.” My fork and his can meet with a clink.