CHAPTER 22

I can’t take it anymore.

I run through the hallway and see blurry figures of doors I pass by on the side of my eyes. I’m not fast enough. I know alpha can still catch when he finds out I’m gone. Still, I continue running for my life until I my knees go numb.

Just like the old time I reach this town. I am carrying the same fright, the same tears in my eyes, but it is no longer the same reason.

I’m not running away because just I’m scared, because I’m not just scared. There is a great pain inside me. I feel so numb, broken, and wounded. I am running away because I’m not letting that son of a bitch ruin me even more.

I was wrong. All of my presumptions were wrong. He’s not as powerful Alpha as he was thinking. He’s a puppet that was controlled and enslaved. Kruel, the man I love, will kill me for the sake of his greatness.

Freezing temperature embraces my whole system as I trip on the last step of the main entrance of the hall. The ground devours by arctic snows slams in my face as I see how the tears hit it as well.

Fvck you, badluck!

Glaring at the snows as I pull myself to get up and returns running.

Soles of my boots bury on the snows, and I wishing to those snow drops to shower harder, so it will cover its trace.

Gate with enormous watch guards is the one that I have to outrun left. After this, I will find a way to come back to LA. Otherwise, if I fail, I’ll be either die in cold or die bloody in the arms of the alpha.

The guards attempt to block my way, but they pause as I yell at them while pointing at their chest.

“Touch me with your filthy hands and I will make all of you bald!” I bark.

They exchange glances in processing my remark, and I take my time to slide myself from them before they realize they’re already hairless.

‘Do you trust me, Aurora?’ his voice and his face flashes back on my head.

Bewildered and lost. Eyes are trembling, and blur. His empty, yet gorgeous face, his arctic voice, the priceless smirk plasters on his lips every time he teases me, and his mismatched eyes still lingering on my head.

I have no idea which path to take. I just find myself reach the concrete road that almost covers with snows.

‘I love you, always remember that,’ his voice whispers behind my head once again.

Shut up! Stop it, conscious!

Blinking my tears as it starts to burn once again. I pause, catching my breath. Dropping my knees to the ground, my shoulders shake and I let out uncontrollable sobs.

‘I love you,’ another voice whispers came from him and another set of tears rolls down my cheeks. Running my fingers through my hair, I drop my gaze on the ground.

Lies, all of them are lies. The first one is my father, the next is my best friend with my ex-boyfriend, and then, there was him.

Wow. Everyone fed me up with lies. I am full now.

Groaning vehicle break fills my auditory as light flashes in my peripheral vision. My head snaps towards it as my a blind light hit my face. There’s a three consecutive beeps follows by a high-pitch shout.

“Bitchness! Get in the car, now!” Wait. I know this voice. There’s no other than her calls me that. “What the fvck are you staring at?! Hurry up before anyone else might see us!”

“Alora?!” Standing up on my feet, unable to sync it in.

“Duh? Who else will save you when need help?”

“B-But how did you find your way here?” I ask in puzzlement.

“You’re asking so many questions! Do you want to get in or die cold and brokenhearted?”

“And w-where did you hear that?”

“Duh? Only charm and instinct. Now get inside the car or I will shove you to get in, bitch. We have to leave before anyone could see us.”

Leaving. . .

My mind stops working as I hear the word leaving. A part of me doesn’t want to, while another part of me says to go with her.

There’s a moment if silence.

Looking back at the Victorian castle with a few lights turns on from the windows. It still looks enormous from here I am standing, despite of the distance I took from running.

My eyes burns. Wow! I ran this far. I ran this far away from the man I love. So brave of me. I should be proud of myself. Why I feel like coming back to him now?

Biting my lower lip as tears trace my cheeks. The comfort I felt from his hugs, the taste of his sweet lips, and the passion the way he touches me are still marked on my heart like a tattoo. His laughters are still echoing behind my head, his voice whispers ‘I love you.’

Climbing into the car’s passenger seat. I throw my eyes on the window as I close the door shut.

This is the toughest decision I’ve ever had. I used to suck making decisions in my entire life, and I know this decision in not an exemption. I will also suck everything there in LA when I go back, but I’ll be a sucker when I keep my stay here with the person threatens to end my life.

Alora laugh as I settle myself in. “Buckle up, bitchness!” she warns.

She accelerates the car to its higher speed and I feel my spirit left on the road as it suddenly pushes in one fluid motion.

I look at her in shock as I saw the trees on the window vanish. And I realize we are flying. Melancholia hormones drains from my system. My jaw drops on my hips. Adrenaline rushes through my veins while looking down on the town of Austerei at night time.

“O-Oh god! Why the hell are we flying?” I cry with my eyes widens in horror.

“Let’s just say our dream of having a flying car finally comes true.” She wickedly burst into her laughter. A laugh that, until now, chills down my spine.

“You’re kidding! Your car’s smoke is green! Oh my god, oh my god!”

She turns her head to look at me with a glare. Her eyes, that is used to be hazel, turn black. It creeps the shit out of me because it covers with blackness entirely. It looks empty, literally empty and dark.

“You know what? You are smartass, but sometimes, I want to choke you using live wires.” Her black-nailed finger points at me.

“What the hell are you up to?”

Wicked laughter fills the whole vehicle. “I just missed doing a real witchy things!”

I move myself a bit away from her in horror. “Witch? Y-You’re a witch? Wait. . . No way!” I shake my head.

“Yes, you have to believe the fact that you have a witch bestie disguised as a bitchy university girl.” She flips her black hair and bats eyelashes before returning her focus on the ride.

My jaw is still parting. I shake my head repeatedly. “This is giving me a headache.”

“I bet this one will worsen that you anxiety, too,” she announces. “The most exciting part!”

Her right foot twitches as she steps on the gas, and we fly higher than I expect. I feel like I’m with the night clouds, in a bad way because my heartbeats sound like shouting ‘death’.

I scream on top of my lungs, louder than the groan of the vehicle. My mind is occupied with the thought of falling down until I reach the ground with a bloody broken skull and ribs.

My lungs are shouting for oxygen as well. It feels like giving up from functioning. I didn’t notice what happens next, because darkness eats me at a snap as my eyelids fall shut.