Hope

"Where was Your Highness?" Leo asked when they got inside the castle and found Lisa alone in the middle of their common room, her hair a little bit messy with a troubled expression sitting on her face.

Lisa looked back at her friends, putting her hands on her waist and furrowing her brows. "She's not here."

Lisa's friends scrunched up their brows and looked at each other in confusion.

"What do you mean? When we left here earlier, she was just in her room."

"I checked her there and in my room, but she wasn't there." Lisa said, biting her lower lip in restlessness.

Leo and his friends didn't say anything and just left the common room to check on Jennie's room once again. But like what Lisa said, Jennie  wasn't in her room. Her bed cover was messy, confirming that Jennie was really lying down there earlier.

Leo pursed his lips in confusion, then proceeded to check Lisa's room but it was also vacated.

The bed cover was neat, which meant that Jennie hadn't been in this room or at least didn't sit on Lisa's bed. Not seeing Jennie in the rooms where she was usually staying, made Leo nervous.

He hurried to check the bathroom, the kitchen, the garden and all the rooms in the castle with his friends and Lisa following him but couldn't find her anywhere. There's only one place that he hasn't checked yet, the graves of Jennie's father and oldest brother.

Leo almost fell to his knees when he still didn't find Jennie there. He's not the only one who was growing nervous and panicking in this situation. Everyone was starting to worry already, even Lisa, who didn't have any idea about the whole situation yet.

Leo ran his hand through his hair as he looked around the forest, thinking about where Jennie  could be. He doesn't want to be pessimistic. He doesn't want to consider the possibility of the curse being activated, which is why Jennie was Nowhere to be seen. He didn't want to think about it but he was already starting to break down.

They are so close already- so close to getting that happy ending.

"Could it be that Your Highness was already-"

"Nayeon." Jisoo called the pixie, not allowing her to finish whatever she wanted to say. Jisoo shot her a look as if telling Nayeon to shut her mouth.

"What is it, Nayeon? What could have happened to Jennie?" Lisa asked, sensing that her friends were keeping something from her.

Nayeon didn't answer Lisa's question and just looked away from the blonde while biting her lower lip.

Lisa tried to meet her other friend's eyes but everyone looked away from her, which made her chest tighten because she now just had it confirmed that they really were hiding something from her.

"Guys, are you keeping something from me?" Lisa asked again, eyes glistening in tears.

Lisa  doesn't know why but she was getting a bad feeling about this. The way her friends were acting was telling her that something bad had happened to Jennie.