Revelation

Lisa lifted her head in surprise at Jennie's statement. Her eyes widened and she failed to utter any word for the next few seconds. She was flabbergasted but she was more confused.

It's not like Jennie doesn't look like a princess in her eyes, she is. Since Lisa ever saw her face, she had always thought that Jennie was too beautiful to be a mere mortal.

Now, hearing this revelation has finally put an end to that confusion. Lisa wants to believe Jennie, but there are just too many things that she doesn't understand.

Like if Jennie was actually a princess, what was she doing here all those years?

Why did Jennie need to make her older brother and mother believe that she was already dead?

What exactly happened that led Jennie into this?

Lisa had so many questions running through her mind but she ended up just saying, "I don't understand."

Jennie offered a sad smile to the blondie while caressing her cheeks. Then she lay on her back and stared at the ceiling.

"It means exactly as I said. I was a princess of the Kingdom of X."

Lisa suddenly sat up, looking down at Jennie, as if she wouldn't be able to process that news as if she wouldn't be able to process that news if she was lying on the bed. Because she had too many questions and things she wanted to say, the words ended up entangling in each other, hoping to be the first set of words to leave her lips.

"D-Does it mean Prince Jungkook was your brother and the King was your father?" Lisa asked, forgetting for a moment that Jennie was way older than she looked.

The question made Jennie laugh out loud while Lisa arched up one of her brows in disconcertment. It took a whole twenty seconds before Jennie finally got to stop herself from laughing. She cleared her throat and tried to keep a straight face as she slowly sat up on the bed too.

"Did you already forget that I'm actually 45 years old already?"

Lisa the back of her neck in embarrassment. "O-Oh right. I forgot about that. T-Then would that mean the King-"

The blondie cut her own statement, feeling hesitant to finish it because her gut was telling her that it was a sensitive subject.

The brunette somehow understood what she was supposed to ask. She looked away and instead directed her gaze to her lap.

"Yes, I hate to say this, but he was my brother and the former king was my father."

Lisa wondered how many revelations she would hear tonight. There's just revelation after revelation after revelation. She thought Jennie, being actually a princess, was the greatest revelation she could possibly hear, but it was not.

Jennie was unfolding every little page of her life that she had folded for years.

"W-Wait. I remember you mentioned to me that your father and oldest brother were killed by your own mother and older brother. D-Does it mean-?" The Taller girl's voice was getting lower and lower the closer she got to the punctuation. Again, she ended up leaving her statement hanging.