Confusions

"TRUE LOVE'S KISS
OR
TRUE LOVE'S KILLS"

Lisa fluttered her eyes open, staring at their roof that was made out of a woven lattice of wooden strips called wattle that was daubed with wet soil

For some reason, she felt so tired despite just waking up. The exhaustion that she was feeling was different from when she had a long day in the market or when she helped her father with their crops.

The exhaustion was accompanied by a nonexistent pain just below her chest. Nonexistent because when she moved her hand just below her chest and put pressure on it, she didn't feel any pain just like what she was expecting. It was a weird feeling because it looked like her mind was making fun of her, but at the same time, no.

Frowning in confusion and lightly scratching her cheek, Lisa slowly pushed her upper body to sit on the bed, sighing and trying to recall if she had done something heavy yesterday or for the days that passed.

Lisa's thoughts were interrupted when her little sister, Ema, just opened the door of her room and stepped inside.

Ema's light brown eyes widened when she saw that her big sister had already woken up. She ran back to where she came from and shouted, "Father! Sister was finally awake!"

Ema no longer waited for her father to come and hurried back to Lisa's room.

"Sister!" Ema called, eyes beginning to tearup as she wrapped her sister in a tight hug.

Lisa didn't understand why her little sister was reacting this way but she reciprocated the hug and rubbed her back.

Just two seconds after her little sister came back to her room, her father appeared in the doorway, breathing heavily. He was wearing the set of clothes that he was always wearing while working in the field. He had his hat on but Lisa could see the beads of sweat on her father's forehead clearly.

"Father." Lisa called, unsure as to what was happening.

Marco took consecutive deep breaths, as he stared at his daughter. Marco thought that this day would never happen again. He thought that he wouldn't be able to see those Hazel Doe eyes that resemble his again.

He thought that he would never hear Lisa address him as her father again. Just like his daughter Ema, he also wanted to wrap Lisa in a hug as he cried. He wanted to apologize for everything that he did but he instead just smiled and took another deep breath, remembering the beast's reminders.