4 words

*2 days ago before Lisa woke up*

"Your Highness." Leo called, but it sounded more like a plea. He has been calling Jennie and trying to get her attention for two whole minutes already.

Jennie was just standing beside the window and staring at the green scenery of the garden outside her room.

When she heard Leo's voice behind her, she jolted a little bit in surprise and looked back at him, getting rid of the sadness in her eyes. But even if she managed to mask that sadness, Leo was aware of its existence.

Leo knew what Jennie was thinking and what she was feeling. He sensed it but he was helpless to Jennie right now.

"Leo, what is it?" Jennie asked, curving up the corners of her mouth a little bit.

"I've brought you something to eat, Your Highness." Leo said, lifting the tray a little bit for Jennie to see the food that he brought.

"Oh, thank you so much. Just put it down there for now. I'll eat it later." Jennie said, and returned her eyes from staring at the scenery that her window was providing her.

Leo's grip on the tray had tightened. He remained standing just behind Jennie, clenching his jaw.

He wanted Jennie to eat this food in front of him. He wanted to make demands on Jennie that she should finish this but he couldn't bring himself. He doesn't want to make any argument with Jennie, especially if she's in this state.

Leo just heaved a silent sigh and walked towards the small table in the former princess's room. He picked up the tray that he had put earlier, and put down a new one.

This wasn't the first time today that he had brought food for Jennie, only for him to take them away after a few hours with the food or water, looking like they hadn't been touched at least once.

He can't blame Jennie though. He, along with his comrades, was just doing everything to try to understand her.

Yesterday, when they had finally made it back to the castle in one piece, they had found Jennie, staring at Lisa, who was lying on her bed.

They let her do what she wanted to do and tended to their wounds first. The fact that they weren't humans was probably the reason why they are still alive right now. They have tougher bodies compared to humans. That is the reason why everyone managed to keep themselves alive.

After patching his wounds, Leo insisted on seeing Jennie with his comrades.

Leo knocked lightly on the door, calling Jennie, but received nothing as a reply. They also didn't hear any movements inside the room. They all assumed that Jennie had probably fallen into a sleep already, but to make sure, they had pushed the door open to check on her.

Far from what they were expecting, Jennie was still awake and still sitting down on a chair beside her bed. One of Lisa's hands was pulled closer to her lips, alternately kissing it and whispering words.

Seeing Jennie like that scared Leo and the others. The first thing that crossed their minds was Jennie was losing her sanity.

Losing Lisa had made Jennie crazy.