Taste Testing

"Come in." Jennie softly responded to the person that knocked on the door of her room. She saw Jisoo from the reflection of the mirror, carrying a tray.

"I've brought your dinner, Your Highness."

"Thank you." Jennie uttered and gestured for Jisoo to just put it down on a small wooden table.

"Call me if you need anything, Your Highness." Jisoo bowed her head and was about to leave the room, but Jennie stopped her.

"Jisoo." Jennie called. She couldn't look straight in the eyes of Jisoo. She looked like she wanted to say something but was having a hard time expressing herself. It was too obvious.

Jisoo would surely find her cute if not for what happened earlier. She was also confused as to why Jennie's reaction was like that. She expected her to panic but not to be furious. Still, who is she to judge her master?

Jennie pondered on her thoughts for several seconds before she gave up and shifted from sitting on her bed. "Never mind. You can leave now." She said, sounding so defeated and lost.

"If you wanted to ask about Lisa, she already had dinner. I've brought her some food too."

"You brought her some food?" Jennie asked, lifting her chin to look at her servant. Jennie was confused because Lisa always eats with them and so is she, since she started wearing her white mask instead of her beast mask.

"Lisa is not feeling good. She actually doesn't want to eat, I just forced her."

Jennie looked down in guilt upon hearing the news. Even though Jisoo never blamed her, she knew that it was all her fault. She knew that she was the reason why Lisa wasn't feeling well.

Jennie looked down on her lap, eyes looking so dejected. "She's probably mad at me."

"No, Your Highness." Jisoo waited for Jennie to look up before she finished what she wanted to say.

"I'm sure that Lisa wasn't mad at you, Your Highness, but she's sad." Jisoo's lips stretched into a sad smile, then she excused herself and left Jennie alone again.

Jennie couldn't have been more guilty after her conversation with Jisoo. She couldn't stop thinking about Lisa after that argument. It took her hours to calm herself and analyze the situation.

When she realized that she was wrong and that Lisa really didn't mean to do that, she couldn't bring herself to get out of her room and apologize to Lisa for what she said. She doesn't know what she should say and how she should apologize. Even though Jisoo assured her that Lisa wasn't mad at her, she still couldn't stop overthinking things.

What if Lisa was mad or at least irritated at her? She didn't know how she would react if she ever saw Lisa looking at her with hatred in her eyes. She badly wanted to rewind that moment and just accept Lisa's apology. After all, Lisa really didn't mean to do that.

The next day, Jennie had to leave again early in the morning with Leo, but she made a mental note that when she got home, she would apologize to Lisa. She will forget her worries for a moment and just do it. She wouldn't think about how Lisa would react or what Lisa would possibly say for now and just do it.