Dagger

Jennie fluttered her eyes open, trying to take in the surroundings. She coughed, still feeling a faint pain in her chest. Aside from her chest, she was no longer feeling pain anywhere in her body, but she felt so weak, like something or someone was draining her magic and strength.

It took her several seconds to see everything clearly and when she finally did, the first thing that she did was look around the room, more like a prison. Jennie was still lost.

Because she's having a hard time recalling what happened earlier in her castle, she doesn't have any idea where she was.

She frowned and glanced at her wrists, wondering why she was feeling that something was burning them. She really wasn't wrong in the feeling that something seemed like sucking her strength because on both her wrists was a rope that was tightly holding her.

She grimaced at the pain she had just realized and mumbled curses as if it would make her feel better. Her eyes slowly widened when she finally remembered everything that had happened.

I must be in the kingdom and these ropes were probably made out of it.

Jennie mentally cursed in frustration as she tried to get herself out of those ropes, but because those ropes were sucking and locking her strength, she was nothing but a normal frail human.

All she could do was glare at the ropes while wriggling her arms, silently praying that her eyes would shoot laser beams to burn those ropes. Well, that has never happened before.

Jennie looked around the room once again, checking if there was anything that she could possibly use to free herself and escape from there, but nothing. There's literally nothing inside the room except for the dust that this room has collected for decades or maybe even centuries. It didn't even have any windows, but only a thick door.

Shit. What happened after I lost consciousness? Why did I even lose consciousness in the first place?

No matter how much Jennie wants to clench her fists and bury her nails in her palm, she can't do it. She can't close her fists, they are too weak to even do something as simple as that.

If these ropes weren't attached to the wall to keep Jennie in a standing position, she would have fallen to the ground already.

Judging from the effects, it could have been from what I ate. I have poison resistance so I'm certain that it wasn't due to that. Then it was probably because of that fucking tree again. But what I only ate was-

Jennie's eyes widened at what she had just realized. The meat pie was the only thing she ate.

A meat pie that Lisa especially made only for her. What could that mean?

Her thoughts were interrupted when the wooden door slammed open. Her face immediately hardened, glaring at the young man who arrogantly entered the room with a few knights and his right hand, Jimin, walking behind him.

"I'm glad you're finally awake. I thought I would still need to throw some water at you to wake you up." The prince said coldly.

He isn't smiling. He's actually in a terrible mood because of his conversation with Lisa and he's planning to vent his frustrations with the beast. He won't kill her, at least not yet, but her life won't be easy.