Against

Lisa carefully opened the door with little to no sound at all. She gritted her teeth while slowly pulling the door's handle from the room. Once there's already enough space for her head, she hesitantly peeks outside to check the surroundings. She let out a long sigh when she saw that no one is around.

She carefully pulled the door again for her body to fit and tip-toed her way out of her room. She squinted her eyes in nervousness and held her breath as she pulls the door close and when she finally heard the door click, that's when she only released her breath.

She looked around the hallway for the last time before she started walking away from there. Her steps are light, but they are wider than her usual steps. She's walking in a very slow manner with the boots that the people- the creatures there lend to her.

Contrary to her feet, her heart is beating so fast and so loud. She felt bad leaving this place without saying goodbye to the- fine let's consider them as people- that did nothing but good to her, well except for the person that they are calling Your Highness.

Still, Lisa was determined to do this. She was going to escape this place and find a way to get back to her family.

The cold air kissed Lisa's cheeks when she finally gets herself out of the palace using the back door. Like what she observed for straight 3 days, there's really no one guarding this part of the palace at this time of the night, passed 12:00 in the morning.

The breath she let out became visible with her naked eyes as the water vapor in her breath condenses into lots of tiny droplets of liquid water due to the very cold environment.

Lisa pulled the cloak even tighter against her body as her breathing slightly quicken its pace. The cloak that she accidentally found while cleaning was the only weapon, she has brought to fight the coldness of the night. Maybe she would successfully escape from here but would freeze to death in the middle of the night. Still, that is not enough to stop her from continuing her plan.

She can always find a way to fight the chilly night but if the people that were living in the mysterious palace discovered her plan, there's no way she would stand a chance against them.

Lisa, for the last time, looked back at where she came from. She took a deep breath and exhaled slowly then snapped her head again on the dark forest. Not the dark forest, the wild animals, or the coldness is the one who will scare her, it was the fact that she won't see her family again.

Lisa ran past the forest not caring if she will stumble on the roots of the trees or step onto something. She doesn't have anything aside from a wooden torch that she doesn't have any idea for how long it will last. She doesn't know where she would go from there.

She had never stepped her feet outside the Kingdom of X. She doesn't know where exactly she is or the Kingdom. She just kept on running and decided to just mind her other problems when she was far away from the palace already.

Before her torch die, Lisa was able to find a cave where she can spend the night. She gathered twigs and dried leaves to make a fire to help herself keep warm. Due to exhaustion, she fell asleep in the cave and when she woke up it was already morning.

Lisa immediately gets back to her feet and walked towards the threshold of the cave, slightly dizzy from abruptly standing. She squinted her eyes to adjust them to the light and smiled at the thought that she managed to escape from the palace. But the corners of her lips turned down after a split second in worry that someone might've followed her there.