Acrimony

"Lisa, stay here for now. Wait for my signal to come closer." Leo uttered, gesturing for Lisa to stop walking.

Lisa nodded without uttering any word and followed Leo with her eyes. She searched for something where she can sit but failed to find one so she just rested her back on the pillar beside her and crossed her arms onto her chest while keeping her eyes on Leo.

She looked around the place which she assumed was a garden, a very spacious garden, looking for the girl that was wearing a white mask every time she will see her since Leo mentioned that that girl will also be there. She failed to find her though and only saw the beast from a distance.

Lisa wanted to walk around the garden and search for the girl in every corner but she had decided to just do it some other times when she was done talking with the beast.

Leo walked toward Jennie, who has her back on them.

Jennie was busy cutting the excess leaves on her bed of roses. She had felt Leo and Lisa's presence but chose to ignore them and pretend that she isn't aware of them. She kept her back on them and her beast mask that she had never taken off since Lisa stepped her feet onto her little palace.

Leo knelt behind her and said, "Your Highness, forgive me for the intrusion but Lisa wished to talk to you."

Jennie's hand that was holding the scissor stopped its movements but she didn't bother looking back at him.

"It's okay. I'm expecting her, after all. Just bring her here."

"Will do, Your Highness." Leo stood up from the ground and looked back at Lisa. He gestured for Her to come closer which she immediately did.

"I'll leave you two, for now, Your Highness. Call me when you need me." Leo bowed his head low even though Jennie has her back on him and won't see him. After giving an encouraging nod and a small smile to Lisa, he walked away from there without looking back at least once.

Lisa gulped down, feeling nervous that she will face the beast, once again. She wanted to just spit out her questions but she doesn't know how will she address the beast. She heard the people, or should she say creatures that were with her earlier, addressed the beast as 'Your Highness' but she isn't sure if she can also call her that and it's not like she wants to.

Just when she was about to just blurt it out. The beast finally turned her body to face her, probably losing her patience waiting for Lisa to say something.

"So what does the young mistress need from me?" The beast asked and even though Lisa can't see her face, she was sure that the beast is smiling cockily at her, judging from the tone that the beast used.

Lisa stopped herself from glaring, at least not now.

"A-Ahm I already heard from Leo and others about the agreement you had with my father. N-Now, I just want to know w-what are you planning to do with me?"

Lisa badly wished that she can see the beast's eyes right now. In that way, she will be able to tell what is the beast's thinking or at least predict what was going on with the beast's mind.