Too late

Lisa flinched in surprise when she heard knocks coming from the door. She looked up, staring at the closed door through the mirror as she blinked her eyes rapidly.

"Lalisa? Is it okay if I come in?" It was her father.

The blonde heaved a sigh as she looked down at her lap again after replying "Yeah. It's fine, father."

Soon after that, the door creaked open and Lisa didn't bother to look up at her father and just stared at her nails. She had been alone in the room for over five minutes already.

Lisa's done with her hair, with her make-up, and already wearing her white wedding dress. 

The wedding dress showed off her smooth and well-defined shoulders. It has long sleeves. It was made out of silk. She was certain that the end of the dress would touch the floor if she got on her feet, requiring her to lift it on its sides as she walked. 

The dress was hugging her figure: pushing forward her breasts and showing how slim her waist was. Her blond hair was pulled in a half-up halo braid, making her look like a real princess.

Ever since her conversation with the prince earlier, Lisa had been quiet and would only respond to a question with one or two words, and sometimes she was just nodding or shaking her head. 

No matter how other people tried to lift her up, she just couldn't bring herself to be happy or smile. 

Lisa was thinking about that conversation with her soon-to-be husband. 

Her mind was becoming filled with worries and doubts for this day. Her father, asking her to ditch the wedding, was one thing. But the prince, the person who asked her to marry him, was a different thing. 

She couldn't forget how the prince looked when he stared at her. She couldn't forget the sadness and worry that she saw in his eyes. She couldn't get rid of the tone of his voice. 

The prince's question earlier kept on ringing in her ears, making her feel from bad to worse. She knew that it wasn't just nothing and not knowing what it was was making her even  more frustrated.