White Mask

Jennie fluttered her eyes open, adjusting them to the light. She groaned, remembering the dream that she had. She sat up and ran her hands on her messy hair while biting her lower lip.

She couldn't believe the subject in her dream. She couldn't remember what exactly happened in her dream, but she could clearly remember the person who was standing beside her.

Maybe that talk that she had with Lisa yesterday is what led her to this. Because even if she admitted it or not, she couldn't get off her mind what Lisa said. She couldn't kick Lisa off her mind.

Jennie gets out of bed to change her clothes. She reached out for her neatly folded tunic and put it on. She then tied her hair and was about to pick up her beast mask when she saw her white mask placed beside it.

For the first time, she contemplated what she would wear. She remembered again what Lisa said yesterday. She blushed to herself and looked away from them.

She took a deep breath to calm herself and normalize the beating of her heart. Jennie silently prayed for Lisa to give her some peace of mind. The Heavens didn't hear her prayers, but her heart at least calmed down.

Jennie looked back at her masks, but still couldn't decide. She bit her lower lip for the second time in frustration. She closed her eyes and heaved a long sigh. To finally put an end to her dilemma, Jennie reached out for her white mask.

It's not like she hasn't seen me with this mask yet.

Jennie loosens the tie of her hair and lets it fall freely on her back. Her long black hair was up to her waist. It'd been a long time since she let it fall like this, and that was when Lisa was still not there. She kind of missed it though.

I wonder what Lisa would think if she saw me.

Jennie shook her head to get that thought out of her mind. She lightly hit her forehead and cursed to stop herself from thinking of Lisa. She contemplated if she would tuck her hair behind her ears or not.

She slapped her face when she was about to ask herself again what she thought Lisa preferred. She took a deep breath and straightened her clothes for the nth time. She checked her reflection for the last time before she finally stepped out of her room. With every step she took away from her room and closer to the possibility of seeing the younger girl that'd been messing her mind for the whole week, the louder and faster her heartbeat. She's unbelievably nervous for childish reasons.

The servants of Jennie that walked past her greeted her with a surprise in their looks, but they didn't say anything regarding the mask she was wearing and just smiled before they proceeded to where they were supposed to go.

There was a part of her mind that was telling her to go back to her room and wear her beast mask instead, but the bigger part of her mind was telling her the opposite thing, knowing that Lisa would surely be happy to see her in this mask.

Jennie went straight to the kitchen, assuming that Lisa was there, but found Jisoo instead. Jennie couldn't help but be disappointed since she pictured this scene countless times already in her mind.

That scene in which Lisa was standing in the kitchen and was so surprised and happy to find her in her white mask that she would hug- CRAP.