Wedding Day

"Lalisa," Marco called as soon as he stepped inside the spacious room where Lisa was wasting her time, waiting for the ceremony to start.

Lisa lifted her face and looked at her father through the big mirror in front of her. Her father threw her a sad smile but Lisa didn't bother returning it. She just looked down again and stared at the first thing that her eyes laid off, completely ignoring her father's presence.

"Lalisa, we talked about this-"

"I know, Father. You no longer need to say it again." Lisa interrupted without looking back at his father.

Marco didn't say anything or made a move for several long seconds. He just stood a few steps behind his daughter, staring at Lisa's reflection in the mirror. He knew that he was the one who should be blamed for everything that is happening but he never wants any of this to happen.

If only he didn't meet that beast 18 years ago, there's no way he will force his daughter to marry someone that she doesn't like especially at a very young age. He just did this- He just forced his daughter to do this because he believed that this is the best way to stop Lisa from being taken away.

He doesn't care if his conscience will eat him until his last breath, what's important for him is to see his daughter safe.

"Then, can you at least pretend that you want this to happen?"

What Marco said caught his daughter's attention as she looked up and stared at her father for the second time, still through the mirror.

Lisa didn't say anything and just stared at her father. She didn't dare look away from him or attempted to say anything, after all, she has nothing to say to him. Knowing that his daughter won't say anything, Lisa stepped out of the room again after throwing another sad smile.

When Lisa is finally alone again, she looked down and stared at her clammy hands on her lap.

It was weird.

Lisa is not feeling anything. She wasn't mad but more importantly, she wasn't happy. She's not nervous and being excited is also out of the question. She's just...She's not feeling anything.

Lisa flinched when she heard three light knocks behind the door, "Excuse me, Milady but the ceremony is about to start. I should escort you to the venue." A woman, dressed in a servant's uniform said, head hanging low.

Lisa checked her reflection in the mirror for the last time and then smiled to encourage herself. She lowered the veil to cover her face as she stands from the chair.