Condition

As Jennie's cries grew louder and louder, her resemblance to a demon slowly disappeared.

Her eyes returned to their original colors without her noticing them.

The fangs disappeared, living without any trace of being there.

Her nails shortened, and the only evidence that they had ever grown at least four times as long as they should be was the blood on her palms that already went dry.

Her black, dark, and mesmerizing wings completely faded.

Jennie went back to being a normal person. She went back to being a woman.

Jennie's servants couldn't hold their tears anymore when they saw and heard the cries of their Queen. Their hearts broke for Jennie. They had never seen or heard her cry this loud and even in front of many people.

This would only mean one thing.

Lisa was probably as important as her life or maybe even more important than her life.

Lisa was Jennie's everything.

That is why when Jennie learned that Lisa had reached her end already, she wanted to kill herself too by killing her older brother. She's planning to mercilessly kill him and then vanish without leaving any trace, just like what the fallen angel said.

She was reincarnated for just one single purpose, to get her revenge on her older brother- to kill him. Then, after that, she will proceed to the next life just like what was supposed to happen 26 years ago.

But Jennie forgot about that. She had started to live- to hope that she could just proceed with her life with Lisa standing next to her. She started dreaming of a happy ending that she didn't achieve in her first life despite being a princess. She started to believe that not all humans were like her brother and mother, but she was wrong. She was completely wrong because even the person that she saved back then still had the guts to betray her.

She didn't want to do what Lisa wanted her to do. She doesn't have any plan to live in this world alone. She doesn't want to stay here if Lisa is gone already. But Lisa just wished for her to do that. She just wished for that when she was on her deathbed already.

How can Jennie ever defy that?

Jennie's servants approached her, rubbing Jennie's back, trying to soothe the pain within her as they busied themselves crying on their own.

Even though the time they had spent with Lisa was still pretty short compared to the number of years that they had spent with everybody else, they had grown fond of the cheerful, beautiful young woman already.

Lisa had a personality that wouldn't give a hard time for someone to love her, and Jennie and her servants were the living proof of that.

Sniffing and tears still streaming down her face, Jennie lifted her head from Leo's shoulder and saw Mino standing beside her, carrying Lisa while looking so sad. Without uttering any word, Jennie took the lifeless Lisa from Mino's arms.

"Let's leave. Can you take care of yourselves?" Jennie asked in a broken voice. She couldn't look directly in the eyes of her servants.

"We'll be fine on our own, Your Highness. You don't have to worry about us anymore." Leo assured, rubbing Jennie's back.

Jennie just nodded her head and looked up at the sky. Everyone stared at her back and was mesmerized by the white feathered wings that grew behind her back.