Cocky Prince

Jennie immediately stood upon her seat, trying to pull Leo's fist off Marco's clothes. "What are you doing Leo? Are you crazy? That was Lisa's father!"

Leo didn't budge and only tightened his grip on the old man's clothes. His fangs were slowly growing, which terrified the old man since he's oblivious to the real identities of the beast's servants.

"What are you plotting against Your Highness?" Leo again asked, ignoring Jennie.

Due to rage and fear, his body was slowly getting bigger as his fur was slowly appearing on his face, getting closer to the possibility of letting Marco know his real identity. But before Leo could ever change his appearance, Jennie tightly squeezed Leo's wrist until he finally looked up at her.

"Get your hand off him, Leo." Jennie stated, not loud but cold and authoritative.

Leo finally let go of Marco's clothes and averted his eyes off him, when he felt the strong aura that his Queen was emitting. His appearance was gradually returning to normal as he glared at the ground instead. Leo clenched his jaw and fists, trying to hold the rage within him.

"What was going on with you?" Jennie asked again, now calmer, but her voice was still cold.

"I found strange markings on the trees and when I followed them, I learned that it started from a forest next to the Kingdom of X leading to this place." Leo answered, gritting his teeth and can't look at Jennie.

Jennie stole a quick glance at Lisa's father, who flinched in fear and immediately looked down to avoid looking straight into the eyes of the beast.

"Lisa's father reached this place all by himself so that was probably Lisa's father's doing to make sure that he wouldn't get lost on his way here." Jennie flatly explained as she started walking back to her seat.

"That's not it, Your Highness!" Leo yelled, stopping Jennie in her tracks and making her look back at him again.

Leo finally lifted his chin to meet the cold Feline eyes of his Queen. "That's not it, Your Highness." He repeated, but in a lower voice.

Jennie furrowed her brows, slowly getting annoyed at her servant. She's failing to understand Leo's actions and words. She doesn't understand why Leo looks so scared. It was giving her an uneasy feeling. She had never seen him believe like this. She had never seen him be troubled.

"The markings- If he really left them so he wouldn't be lost in the forest, then why are his markings so precise, making it look like he didn't get lost on the way at least a little bit? It's like he's leaving marks not to get lost but to guide someone here."

"What did you say?" Jennie whispered and approached Leo once again.

She gripped Leo's tunic's neckline and harshly pulled the big guy closer to her. That brought panic to the servants of Jennie. They thought Jennie was going to do something to Leo. They thought Jennie was mad at Leo because he was accusing her lover's father, but that wasn't the case.

Jennie was acting like that because she understood what Leo meant to say. It's because she doesn't want to accept the possibility of a human betraying her trust again. She doesn't want to accept the possibility that she was wrong again.