Turnips

Lisa felt weird. She wasn't guilty. She believed she had done nothing wrong, but that wasn't what she was feeling or at least that wasn't what Jennie was making her feel.

Jennie's actions are telling her that she did or said something wrong and she doesn't have any idea what it is. After their argument the next day, after her escape plan failed, two days ago, Jennie had never said any word to her.

Jennie had never stared at her again for two long seconds. When Jennie would unintentionally look in her direction, she would immediately snap her head in the opposite direction and act like she didn't see Lisa at all.

Lisa, as well, had never said anything to her and ignored the beast's presence either. Of course, it was a good thing because no one was bossing her around or insulting her, but at some point, she felt uneasy.

She hates this feeling. She hates being treated like that even though she doesn't like that person. She believes that if you have a problem with anyone, then say it directly to his face instead of avoiding and treating each other like shit.

Despite feeling weird and uncomfortable towards Jennie, there was no way she would take the initiative to talk to her. Just this time, she would rather endure it than confront the beast. After all, she was confident that she had done nothing wrong.

Lisa heaved a long sigh and reached out for the basket and started taking out the turnips inside it.

"That was such a long sigh. Is there any problem?" Jisoo commented when she stepped her feet inside the kitchen.

Lisa lifted her chin in surprise. She scratched her cheeks, embarrassed to be caught, looking so dejected.

"A-Ah it was nothing. Just tired." Lisa answered, staring at the turnip and rubbing it with her thumb.

Jisoo approached Lisa and stood beside her. She bumped Lisa's hip with hers, hoping to get the attention of the teenage girl, which she successfully earned as Lisa looked up at her.

"Are you sure? The last time you said you were just tired; you ran away from here on the same day." Jisoo asked, her voice full of concern and not resentment.

Lisa blushed and shyly smiled at the pretty girl next to her. Even after knowing that she had tried to escape, the treatment of the people here towards her didn't change. They were even teasing her, not in an annoying way but in a friendly way. They never made her feel uncomfortable or left out.

Lisa shyly chuckled before she assured the greenhead Dryad "I'm really just tired."

Jisoo stole the turnip from her hand and put it down on the left side of the table.
"Or is it because you and Your Highness aren't on good terms?" She asked again without looking back at Lisa, busy taking out the remaining turnips from the basket.

Lisa blushed at the question. Are we too obvious?

"I-It's not like that. I-I mean, yeah- we're not on good terms but I'm not affected by that at all. I don't really care about her."

Jisoo giggled and touched the tip of her nose, "If you say so."

Lisa took that as an opportunity to change the topic. She helped Jisoo take the turnips out of the basket and casually asked, "Who bought these turnips?"